• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Etihad Airways Road Show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you accept and take the job, the company will ask for your passports and the families as well...and all will be provided with residence permits..NOT work permits for dependents...another issue entirely...

If you accept and take the job, the company will ask for your passports and the families as well...and all will be provided with residence permits..NOT work permits for dependents...another issue entirely...

Are you saying that Etihad keeps your families passport, or just during the visa process?

hey guys fortunely I got an interview with them, but could not find any detail gouge of the process other than the parts of the interview in pprune....If somebody found anything please let me know
thanks guys

Just curious - what are the salary and benefits offered for A320 FO positions? How long until upgrade to A320 PIC? That's a big move to the desert to just sit in the FO position for a long while...

Someone told me about a friend who was just hired into the A340-600 as an FO at Etihad. Are they no longer hiring into the widebodies?

Hey Positive Rate,

It would probably be an easy transition for you - from one desert to another... ;)

I wouldn't plan on a fast upgrade. Yes they have 100+ aircraft on order but take a look at the delivery dates. They start arriving in 2011 (A320's) and stretch out till 2020.

Unless people start leaving there won't be many rapid upgrades. I would guess 4-5 years.

I wouldn't plan on a fast upgrade. Yes they have 100+ aircraft on order but take a look at the delivery dates. They start arriving in 2011 (A320's) and stretch out till 2020.

Unless people start leaving there won't be many rapid upgrades. I would guess 4-5 years.

Always the optimist Green :erm: .

So the question becomes; A 4-5 year upgrade at an airline with the deepest pockets in the world or continuing at some struggling U.S. carrier in the midst of downsizing, furloughs, and bankruptcies?

Typhoonpilot

Always the optimist Green :erm: .

So the question becomes; A 4-5 year upgrade at an airline with the deepest pockets in the world or continuing at some struggling U.S. carrier in the midst of downsizing, furloughs, and bankruptcies?

Typhoonpilot

Are you still bitter over the NIC award?

I was merely trying to give the poster an accurate timeline for upgrade. Etihad sounds like a wonderful place to work but there is a lot of mis-information that upgrades happen in 6 months or so. If somebody is going to pick up and move across the world to live in a foreign country they should know what to expect! Yes Etihad is one of the most financially secure airlines in the world. They have every widebody you could ever want to fly on order. They pay well, and you have virtually no bills.

BUT it is not a 1 year upgrade anymore. A couple years ago people were checking out in the left seat very fast, but the orders on the books do not start arriving till 2011. So if somebody was thinking of running over there for a couple years to get 1000 hours pic in an A320 then that is probably not a realistic goal. You can save a ton of money and have a blast doing it but it helps to have a reasonable upgrade expectation.

I don't think I was being pessimistic. Just realistic...

Are you still bitter over the NIC award?

I was merely trying to give the poster an accurate timeline for upgrade. Etihad sounds like a wonderful place to work but there is a lot of mis-information that upgrades happen in 6 months or so. If somebody is going to pick up and move across the world to live in a foreign country they should know what to expect! Yes Etihad is one of the most financially secure airlines in the world. They have every widebody you could ever want to fly on order. They pay well, and you have virtually no bills.

BUT it is not a 1 year upgrade anymore. A couple years ago people were checking out in the left seat very fast, but the orders on the books do not start arriving till 2011. So if somebody was thinking of running over there for a couple years to get 1000 hours pic in an A320 then that is probably not a realistic goal. You can save a ton of money and have a blast doing it but it helps to have a reasonable upgrade expectation.

I don't think I was being pessimistic. Just realistic...

Fair enough. I agree it is important to have a realistic timeframe for upgrade when joining a new company. You're absolutely correct that previous upgrade times are not an indication of what they will be for a person hired today. One would have to see the delivery schedule and attriton rate to get a realistic idea when a person hired today will upgrade. Obviously that will be subject to change due to alterations in the plan based on internal and exterrnal factors.

Typhoonpilot

Typhoonpilot, PPRune info on Qatar is very negative, is it that bad over there or do you have any idea since you are in that part of the world?

Thanks a lot.

Latest resources

Back