• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Browntothebone

Etihad Airways Road Show

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is pleased to
announce that it will be conducting open day road shows for cockpit crew in
several cities in the United States of America in the month of August.

Etihad Airways has been the fastest growing airline in the world for nearly 4
years in a row and has shown remarkable expansion and progression. We are
continuing our expansion and are looking into increasing both our network and
our fleet; therefore we are looking for experienced, professional pilots to join us.

We will be providing information on all aspects of our pay package and benefits
during our presentations about the airline and our home base Abu Dhabi, which
is the capital of the United Arab Emirates.

The road shows will be conducted by:

Captain Jihad Matta Head of pilot recruitment
Captain Adel Al Zubaidi Assessor

Please find below the cities and respective dates of the presentations:

New York:

13th and 14th of August

Chicago:

18th and 20th of August

Denver:

22nd and 23rd of August

Phoenix:

25th of August

Miami:

27th of August

Venues and times will be announced shortly as soon as confirmed.

Please bring along the following documents,

• Passport copy.
• Medical and license copy.
• Log book copy.
• Reference number if already applied on line or an updated CV.
• 6 passport size pictures.

For any information about our minimum requirements and package please visit
www.etihadairways.com.

So join us and let us introduce you to ETIHAD, a new and dynamic airline, and a
great life style in Abu Dhabi the capital of the UAE.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080714/airshow.html?.v=2&printer=1

Etihad buys Boeing jets worth $8 bln
Monday July 14, 9:55 am ET
By Bill Rigby and Dan Lalor

FARNBOROUGH (Reuters) - Etihad Airways ordered $8 billion worth of planes from Boeing Co and was set to place a big order with rival Airbus for the A380 superjumbo and its newest model the A350 as Gulf carriers ruled a slower-than-normal opening day at the Farnborough air show.
The Abu Dhabi carrier said it was buying 35 Boeing (NYSE:BA - News) 787 Dreamliners and 10 Boeing 777s, worth some $5.5 billion and $2.7 billion respectively, depending on the variant ordered.
Splitting an order for roughly 100 planes with Airbus, Etihad was due to hold a second news conference on Monday at which it was expected to order up to 10 Airbus A380s worth $3.3 billion and some 25 A350s, the European planemaker's answer to the 787.
Orders for single-aisle jets could lift the Airbus order to around $10 billion at list prices, industry sources said.
One industry source said the number of A380s ordered would be in single digits. Airbus declined to comment.
High oil prices have dozens of western airlines struggling to avoid bankruptcy while a new breed of majors from the Gulf invest in large fleets backed by oil wealth and driven by a concerted push to develop the region as a crossroads for globalization.
"The size of our order .. mirrors the rising prominence of the Middle East and its increasing emergence as a new focal point of global aviation," Etihad chief James Hogan said.
Etihad is following in the path of other fast-expanding Gulf airlines like carrier Emirates of Dubai.
Boeing earlier in the day struck first in its biennial battle with archrival Airbus by securing an order for 50 single-aisle 737 airliners from Gulf based low-cost start-up carrier FlyDubai in a deal worth $4 billion including an additional four aircraft to be leased.
SLOW START
The world's largest air show got off to a slow start, however, as record high fuel prices, tight credit and slowing economies squeeze airlines and hurt ticket demand.
Noticeably absent on day one was the French defense industry with many executives staying at home for a Bastille Day parade.
Even giant International Lease Financing Corp moved to quash its own predictions of a big order, saying no plans were set.
With little business being announced, industry executives lined up to watch British racing driver Lewis Hamilton race a Formula One car down the runway in a race against a Learjet executive jet built by Canada's Bombardier (Toronto:BBDB.TO - News). The plane lost.
The race was a brief distraction from serious times for the industry as oil prices squeeze airlines and tight credit and slowing economies prompt travelers to think twice before booking plane tickets.
Airbus is promoting the A380's fuel efficiency and low emissions, but Boeing says the world needs few 525-seat planes.
Tweaking its marketing to adjust to concerns over pollution, Airbus flew an A380 over Farnborough painted with the slogan "A better environment inside and out" on its tail.
The aviation jamboree, held on alternate years in Farnborough and Paris, comes as industry executives assess how to tackle oil at records highs above $140 a barrel.
Airbus and Boeing had their dominance of the market for planes with over 100 seats challenged on Sunday when Bombardier launched a 110-130 seat jet, the CSeries.
The usual deafening flying displays usually barely distract from deal-making in the first half of the week-long event, but Farnborough will come to a halt later on Monday for the Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT - News) F22 Raptor, making its international show debut.
Plans call for a maneuver called a "tail-slide" in which the pilot shoots nearly straight up, then lets the sleek plane drop without stalling.
Fighter jets were also the focus of an announcement from Raytheon (NYSE:RTN - News), which said on Monday it would challenge rival Northrop Grumman Corp (NYSE:NOC - News) by offering a smaller version of its Active Electronically Scanned Array aimed at fighters such as the F-16, including a vast market for upgrades.
(Writing by Tim Hepher; Additional reporting by Jim Wolf, Chloe Fussell; Editing by Jason Neely)

Momentous day for Etihad Airways and Abu Dhabi

To: All Etihad Airways staff

The Etihad Airways Chairman His Highness Dr Sheikh Ahmed bin Saif Al Nahyan and myself have announced a firm order for 55 new Airbus aircraft at the Farnborough International Airshow in the UK. The list price for the order is approximately US $12 billion.

The agreement with Airbus comprises firm orders for:

20 A320 aircraft. The engine type is subject to further discussions
25 A350 aircraft, powered by Rolls Royce Trent XWB engines
10 A380 aircraft. The engine type is subject to further discussions.

There are also options for five A320s, 10 A350s and five A380s together with purchase rights for a further 15 A320s, 15 A350s and five A380s.

Together with the order for 45 new Boeing aircraft announced earlier today, this brings the total firm orders made at Farnborough to 100 aircraft.

The agreement with Boeing comprises firm orders for:

35 B787 aircraft. The engine type is subject to further discussions
10 B777 aircraft, powered by GE90 engines.

There are also options for a further 25 Boeing 787s and 10 Boeing 777s.

The airline has also announced purchase rights for a further 10 Boeing 787s and five Boeing 777s.

All the new aircraft are scheduled for delivery between 2011 and 2020 and when delivered will give Etihad a fleet of more than 150 aircraft.

This is a momentous day for Etihad Airways and Abu Dhabi and represents one of the largest aircraft orders in commercial aviation history. It reflects the belief we have in the strength and pace of economic growth in the Emirate and the integral role Etihad will play in Abu Dhabi’s future. That future will see planned investments in infrastructure and projects within the Emirate likely to exceed US $200 billion during the next 10 years, an aggressive tourism push and enormous residential development. We are extremely proud to play a leading role in realising these exciting plans.

The size of our order also mirrors the rising prominence of the Middle East and its increasing emergence as the centre of global aviation and a natural air bridge between East and West.

A key selection criterion in the deals we have announced today has been the environmental performance of the aircraft.

The new generation aircraft we have ordered from Boeing and Airbus are amongst the greenest and most fuel efficient.

Not only will this maintain Etihad’s fleet as one of the youngest in the sky, it will also ensure that we have one of the most environmentally friendly fleets flying.

For more information on the aircraft orders, see tomorrow’s special edition of Etihad Today (Tuesday, July 15).

captain jihad...? Is that a spelling error? I love it. talking to pilots 7 months ago, they thought that the UAE is the worst place to be and they NEVER go to the middle east. Now, every road show is packed with these tools, trying to beg for jobs.

captain jihad...? Is that a spelling error? I love it. talking to pilots 7 months ago, they thought that the UAE is the worst place to be and they NEVER go to the middle east. Now, every road show is packed with these tools, trying to beg for jobs.

I wouldn't be quite so hard on them. If my family situation permitted I'd seriously consider it. What kind of options do we have here in the states....wait and see if your legacy carrier furloughs you - or if it even survives? Get in line behind 10,000 RJ captains for the few hundred pilots netJets will hire this year? Same story for the other fractionals, and Southwest. Or fly for Kalitta, Evergreen, Atlas, etc... and spend 17-20 days on the road at a time?

Not defending metroplex,but many time i red some offensive comments about people from the middle east.if i would felt so strongly about those people i would quit aviation alltogether and work at home depot before moving to the UAE.

Not defending metroplex,but many time i red some offensive comments about people from the middle east.if i would felt so strongly about those people i would quit aviation alltogether and work at home depot before moving to the UAE.

Metorplex is a tool

I guess you go to Etihad if you want a good chance of flying a 787 one day (and you aren't senior at CAL or NWA/DAL)... Interesting that Etihad orders 787s and EK doesn't - I don't believe EK has ordered any 787s thus far... Is that correct?

Latest resources

Back