• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Etihad Airways Road Show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand that EK has stopped hiring for now and people are disappointed with the slow down. With that said, what would be the incremental benefit of working for Etihad vs. EK if you had offers from both (I certainly don't)? What does Etihad offer that EK does not offer?

Also, how does Abu Dhabi compare to Dubai in terms of cost of living?

All good questions for the roadshow.

Capt,

It wasn't posted on their website back when I asked the question, but thanks for not being an ass.

OK, you guys are forgiven then!
;)
Heck I was just trying to help in my own weird sarcastic way........

I understand that EK has stopped hiring for now and people are disappointed with the slow down. With that said, what would be the incremental benefit of working for Etihad vs. EK if you had offers from both (I certainly don't)? What does Etihad offer that EK does not offer?

Also, how does Abu Dhabi compare to Dubai in terms of cost of living?
EK have not stopped hiring. They have simply filled up the classes through the end of the year and have stopped interviewing for awhile.

Etihad is still relatively new and as such, does not have many of the established processes that EK does that in some situations could be frustrating for some. It would probably be better for some folks from Etihad to comment on that one. On the other hand, EK has gotten large enough that upgrades times will continue to increase. (When you have 100 aircraft, it takes longer to double in size) Because Etiahad is newer, there might be more opportunities (upgrade, instructor, etc.)

What about the "rapid command" at EK? Are they still upgrading in 6-9 months if you have a lot of PIC time?

is it necessary to stay during the whole duration of the presentation (10 to 6pm)
I plan to come at opening and stay a couple of hours. is that enough?
whats the timetable like?

thanks

is it necessary to stay during the whole duration of the presentation (10 to 6pm)
I plan to come at opening and stay a couple of hours. is that enough?
whats the timetable like?

thanks

No, you don't have to stay the whole time. With introductions, the presentation and going over your packet of stuff you brought, you should be out of there in only a couple hours.

They do the presentations in groups so if you miss one, you hang out until that one lets out and you're in the next.

I went to the PHX one yesterday. Capt Matta will do the presentation 3 or 4 times throughout the day. So you won't have to wait long for the next one. After that, you can go talk to the recruiter and hand in your resume as well as possibly schedule an interview if you have the airbus time.

Latest resources

Back