• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERAU hit by tornado

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was actually there with my crew when the storm hit.(spent Xmas Eve in wonderful DAB) We were eating at the Denny's close to RWY 16 before we had to fly out of there. It lasted all but 5-10min. When we departed out of there got a good look at the damage. Other than Riddle's flight line there were planes damaged by the terminal and a lot of damaged to some taxiway signs. Rwy 25R/7L were closed cause debri was everywhere...not to mention Hazmat cleaning up the fuel.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you ate at that denny's?????

It's a thousand wonders there wasn't another tornado of a different nature if you ate there. You must have ordered a side of pepto.

You may see a one to two year span where Riddle won't be able to graduate flight students. In four to five years, the airlines will see an increase of pilots with personalities being hired. Once Riddle gets back on its feet, after five years, the airlines will see an inverse affect of the pilots it hires. BTW, how do I get an ERAU sticker for my flight bag?

Ha...yea we ate there....sucks it was the only damn thing open on Xmas day. Oh, and by the way, I had the french toast.

You may see a one to two year span where Riddle won't be able to graduate flight students. In four to five years, the airlines will see an increase of pilots with personalities being hired. Once Riddle gets back on its feet, after five years, the airlines will see an inverse affect of the pilots it hires. BTW, how do I get an ERAU sticker for my flight bag?

As for the sticker, get someone to send you one if you aren't going to be around the AZ or FL campus

As for the current students.... flight training may be postponed a couple weeks, with the insurance plan that we have and the close ties and hourly phone calls from the Piper and Cessna VP's and other flight schools, we'll have enough to get back up and full operational in less than a month and a half- two months. 30 planes were totalled, but 10 are fixable and planes are on the way. The "condemmed" buildings will hurt the look of the place, but they were on a a 5 year plan to be re-done anyway, so....we're alright.

From one Riddle alumnus.... thanks for everyone on all other forums and this one that offered to help....

...man, I just watched the video on WESH's site...ugh. What a pisser. The new MTC hangar looks FUBAR...well, it's new to me...wasn't built when I was there. Thank god (ironically) it was xmas...harldy anyone there.

Some one asked about the dorms...doolittle. Man, it'd take an F5 and friggen wrecking ball to bring down that beast. Ya love ta hate the "cell block" rooms. Ah good ole days.

Did the UC get any damage...what about the white bi-plane hanging in there? Is it still hanging?

Latest resources

Back