• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERAU hit by tornado

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The aircraft that were hangared on our flightline in orlando during the hurricanes were actually damaged more than the ones on the ramp.. irony

eh, the insurance companies will delay but eventually cut a fat check, the smell of which will catch the attention of all the big light airplane manufacturers, in a couple months you'll hear them bragging about the "brand new fleet"...

wonder if they will bring in some planes from AZ, or take the opportunity to make some money off the sims

I'm hoping they'll bring some planes from Prescott and CAPT, but as for the sims.... no good. All the sims are moisture sensative and alot of humidity and water got into the sim building.... I don't know for sure but the MD 90 sim and the the 172, 172 glass and Seminole sims could have been victim to the water. Oh well.... lets hope Raul will pull a miracle out of his hat to save the sims..... (wow.... never heard I would say that). As for the a/c in the hangar... there was a cessna, the decathalon and the seneca. Parts of 881ER were found in the far east of the dirt parking lot. YIKES!

I can hear Kit Darby screaming about the "pending pilot shortage" now.

One puppy mill down, four to go. Go Tornados!

The less 300 wonder pilots we have clamoring for a job on a Shiny Regional Jet, the better this industry will be!

The less wonder a$$wipes, such as yourself, that we have in the industry, the better this industry will be.

The less 300 wonder pilots we have clamoring for a job on a Shiny Regional Jet, the better this industry will be!

You d!ck. What about the people who make their living off of teaching there...have some respect dude...

I've heard through the collegiate academic grapevine that they've already ordered new Cessnas for delivery by the Jan 10th start date...how many 172s can they have sitting in Wichita just waiting to be delivered?

Last edited:

What a toolbox.

Sorry for your loss guys, as much as you get a ribbing on this site, most of us are truly sorry for your loss. This sucks, hopefully they will figure out what to do with you guys.

What a toolbox.

Sorry for your loss guys, as much as you get a ribbing on this site, most of us are truly sorry for your loss. This sucks, hopefully they will figure out what to do with you guys.

Ditto... Horrible situation for everyone involved. Best of luck.

I was actually there with my crew when the storm hit.(spent Xmas Eve in wonderful DAB) We were eating at the Denny's close to RWY 16 before we had to fly out of there. It lasted all but 5-10min. When we departed out of there got a good look at the damage. Other than Riddle's flight line there were planes damaged by the terminal and a lot of damaged to some taxiway signs. Rwy 25R/7L were closed cause debri was everywhere...not to mention Hazmat cleaning up the fuel.

Latest resources

Back