• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

endurance of a Global 6000?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Pervis as well, Gulfstreams brake too..

management already made their decision, comparing Gulfstreams and Globals is a moot point at this time

I did a search on flightaware and airliners.net, and came up with 4 Globals for NJA and 1 for NJE. They're coming right along

N100QS- 5000
N141QS- 6000
N160QS- 6000
N162QS- 6000

NJE- CS-GLA- 6000

Last edited:
I'd agree, you and I alike would rather save the 15mil. That being said, it only takes one time where you cannot get the nesessary part(s) in a timely fashion and your stranded for 48-72hrs. Bombardier's weakness has never been with the product, its been the lack of mechanical support. Gulfstream prides itself on its support capability. Its amazing how quickly your principal will start taking phone calls from a Frank Vento or Scott Neal over a delay that occured on the road. Either way you have one helluva aircraft, just sayin' the priorities of a pilot and a Global CEO/President differ greatly depending on the circumstances. $15mil is a fish sandwich to most of these guys:)

I'd agree, you and I alike would rather save the 15mil. That being said, it only takes one time where you cannot get the nesessary part(s) in a timely fashion and your stranded for 48-72hrs. Bombardier's weakness has never been with the product, its been the lack of mechanical support. Gulfstream prides itself on its support capability. Its amazing how quickly your principal will start taking phone calls from a Frank Vento or Scott Neal over a delay that occured on the road. Either way you have one helluva aircraft, just sayin' the priorities of a pilot and a Global CEO/President differ greatly depending on the circumstances. $15mil is a fish sandwich to most of these guys:)

Lol-if $15MM were just a fish sammich, they would have their own planes and flight departments.

Gulfstreams break too, and location really doesn't seem to matter to them either. In fact fleet availability for all four of our G models is on the low side today compared to nearly all the other fleets, and I'm not talking about scheduled mx.

9.5 today, handed off to another crew for another 8.5. Nary a hiccup. Works good. Lasts a long time.

Now. Why our customer wanted to fly 8500 miles in one day is beyond me.

:D

Last edited:
Gunshotdraw, Eyers and Noe both made it very clear in Recurrent that NO NJI personel would be placed in anything but a Class 4 aircraft. I think you hit the nail on the head, but it will be the CL605, not the CL300, as the 300 is not a Class 4 airplane.

Im in the top 15 percent seniority wise, and I'm betting I won't see a larger aircraft for at least 10 years or so, as they slide the NJI personel in front of me.

It is what it is.

I'm an NJI guy, and I have heard nothing about this. Wow.

At least you get to keep your FA in the CL605! I have a buddy who flies a part 91 CL605 and he loves it. Easy transatlantic and Hawaii.

At least you get to keep your FA in the CL605! I have a buddy who flies a part 91 CL605 and he loves it. Easy transatlantic and Hawaii.

At last recurrent in February, when discussing the fleet renewal plan, the poo-bahs said (paraphrasing): "No decision has been made yet regarding a flight attendant on the Challenger 605."

My guess is the company is posturing because of the ongoing flight attendant contract negotiations (which ARE NOT going well). But the other theory floating around is that FA's on the 605 will be at the customer's REQUEST and ADDITIONAL CHARGE only. Flight attendants will only be "included" in the Global contracts (and, of course, the Gulfstream and Falcon contracts until they depart the pattern).

I would rather have NO flight attendant at all than on a part-time basis. If the new contract erases the 40,000 pound distinction in the pay scale (my fervent hope), I'll bid the CL300 when the time comes.

Latest resources

Back