• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

endurance of a Global 6000?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
14:30? Dang, what are they landing with? They have bigger b_lls then me.....

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're doing Beijing-Chicago and it looks tight, put the sucker down in Seattle, get some petro and go

Hopefully those Globals turn out to be as reliable as the 550s.

Highly unlikely. This coming from someone that loves the Global. But he also doesnt love having to power down the entire airplane every 4th start to reboot the ********************ty ass computers.

Highly unlikely. This coming from someone that loves the Global. But he also doesnt love having to power down the entire airplane every 4th start to reboot the ********************ty ass computers.

Interesting conversation last tour with our company's primary maintenance provider at a major west coast airport.

We were preparing to depart in a 550 with a top client that has already bought into the Global program. The maintenance tech's view was that, so far, the initial cadre of Global pilots have been treating the airplane with kid gloves and it seems to be running pretty well but that the interior of the Global is "fragile." His paraphrased quote was, "when you start getting regular line guys in the Global and they start slamming doors, or cabinets, or tables, or anything else like they do in Gulfstreams or Falcons and these Globals WILL break."

He also indicated the electronic gremlins are even more finicky than the G450/550 and require relatively frequent reboots. That is the same feedback I get from a close bud typed in, well, EVERYTHING, that flew the Global XRS for three years. I wouldn't have an ounce of worry keeping the 550 in the air for 14:00-14:30. A Global had better be in the flare at 13:45.

Did I mention that the maintenance tech was working on the broken airplane parked directly in front of us? A brand-spanking-new Global 6000.

For the company's sake, I hope the program works. But I wouldn't be in toooooo big a hurry to shut down the Gulfstreams.

And we won't even talk about the billionaire from the tour before last that utterly refuses the company's every attempt at giving him a Global demo flight. He wants a share in a 650. I fear we will lose him in 2018 if/when the last 550 departs the pattern.

Last edited:
based on what I've read (Gulfstreams and Globals) it does seem like Gulfstream makes a more reliable craft. The G-550 might a better aircraft than say a Global 6000, but that don't mean the Global is bad airplane, it just means Bombardier needs to work out some bugs

Also flying on Gulfstreams is like wearing Polo for these people. Is all about image, Gulfstream got there a long time ago, Globals are just getting there

We're comparing a Mercedes Benz to a BMW

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Unti...21363/L/&sid=3bfa0018cde8a6f249bc3e95077959ce

based on what I've read (Gulfstreams and Globals) it does seem like Gulfstream makes a more reliable craft. The G-550 might a better aircraft than say a Global 6000, but that don't mean the Global is bad airplane, it just means Bombardier needs to work out some bugs

Also flying on Gulfstreams is like wearing Polo for these people. Is all about image, Gulfstream got there a long time ago, Globals are just getting there

We're comparing a Mercedes Benz to a BMW

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Unti...21363/L/&sid=3bfa0018cde8a6f249bc3e95077959ce

Comparing a Mercades to a BMW is like comparing a Beechjet to an Encore.

The Global to Gulfstream comparison is more like Bugatti to Aston Martin.

Interesting conversation last tour with our company's primary maintenance provider at a major west coast airport.

We were preparing to depart in a 550 with a top client that has already bought into the Global program. The maintenance tech's view was that, so far, the initial cadre of Global pilots have been treating the airplane with kid gloves and it seems to be running pretty well but that the interior of the Global is "fragile." His paraphrased quote was, "when you start getting regular line guys in the Global and they start slamming doors, or cabinets, or tables, or anything else like they do in Gulfstreams or Falcons and these Globals WILL break."

He also indicated the electronic gremlins are even more finicky than the G450/550 and require relatively frequent reboots. That is the same feedback I get from a close bud typed in, well, EVERYTHING, that flew the Global XRS for three years. I wouldn't have an ounce of worry keeping the 550 in the air for 14:00-14:30. A Global had better be in the flare at 13:45.

Did I mention that the maintenance tech was working on the broken airplane parked directly in front of us? A brand-spanking-new Global 6000.

For the company's sake, I hope the program works. But I wouldn't be in toooooo big a hurry to shut down the Gulfstreams.

And we won't even talk about the billionaire from the tour before last that utterly refuses the company's every attempt at giving him a Global demo flight. He wants a share in a 650. I fear we will lose him in 2018 if/when the last 550 departs the pattern.

Isn't that what EJM is for? Won't they be managing a few G650s to cater to those diehard Gucci Jet lovers who refuse the Global?

Latest resources

Back