• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

End of year paycheck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DTW- thanks for sharing and for your honesty. I ride on you guys all the time on the 319 to MDW and you all are a class act, well except for one but we have some of those too. Here is to the future bring us all some much needed prosperity!

That is definitely NOT correct. Not even close. On 10/30/2008 a NWA A320 fo went from $94.52/hr to $101.11/hr. Just under a 7% raise "PER HOUR".

747-400 CA went from $179.34/hr to $191.13/hr.... 6.5% raise "PER HOUR"

A330 got a 12% raise "PER HOUR".
757 got 11% raise "PER HOUR".

Most, not all, work rules improved, no argument. Green slips are cool if you can get'em. The stock was nice. Happy to be here.....just have to correct the 30% raise myth whenever I see or hear it. Guys on reserve got around a 2% raise on W2 with the merger (70hr guarantee vs 75 nwa)

I've got the numbers for every position for every year if you want. All DAL pilots have access to the same data so I'm really not sure why you keep spreading BLATANTLY and SIGNIFICANTLY wrong info????

Sorry, all of the NWA guys that went from DC9FO in DTW to NYC 7ER FO got a 30% payraise. How many guys did that? A LOT. Same goes with Captains. And don't forget the NWA guys returning from furlough that got well more than 30% raises thanks to the DL longevity rule, giving them credit for the years they spent on the street. That wouldn't have happened at the old NWA. Regardless, we are all now one big happy family! Have a great one!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Sorry, all of the NWA guys that went from DC9FO in DTW to NYC 7ER FO got a 30% payraise. How many guys did that? A LOT. Same goes with Captains. And don't forget the NWA guys returning from furlough that got well more than 30% raises thanks to the DL longevity rule, giving them credit for the years they spent on the street. That wouldn't have happened at the old NWA. Regardless, we are all now one big happy family! Have a great one!

Bye Bye--General Lee
No No No NO No General....You said: hourly rates went up 30%. Now you're trying to say that what you really meant was that people upgraded! And the most junior guys getting longevity for furlough time = all NW pilots getting a 30% raise? Hilarious. Which is it General??? Can't have it both ways sir. Haven't been on here in a long while.....glad to see you haven't changed a bit!

BTW, you're wrong about the upgrades too. Just looked at the Jan2010 AND May2010 AE's.....not a single DC9F/O went to NYC7ERF/O....several junior DC9CAPTS did though!! Also saw LOTS of 7ERF/O's went to DTW 777 F/O....wonder which side they were from and how much of a raise they got??

Last edited:
CRJ-900 5th year reserve captain. $69,700 gross (Sadly that's with perdiem since they don't break it down out of our checks) Down from $75,000 last year. and $76,000 the year before. Thanks PBS... To anyone saying PBS is better, F! U!

Oh and to stomp a little harder, that's with 11 less days off and 109 more block hours this year. F!U! PBS.

Last edited:
Year 5 777 FO $148,000 Gross

6 weeks vacation
Not including $5,000 profit share
Not including $17,000 retirement contribution
Not including about $3000 in per diem
Average about 20 days off a month

About 700 hours flown, about 1/3 was "dozing for dollars" in the bunk.

Still in the reserves flying about 4 days a month. $24,000 gross

Last edited:
Year 5 777 FO $148,000 Gross

6 weeks vacation
Not including $5,000 profit share
Not including $17,000 retirement contribution
Not including about $3000 in per diem
Average about 20 days off a month

About 700 hours flown, about 1/3 was "dozing for dollars" in the bunk.

Still in the reserves flying about 4 days a month. $24,000 gross

Sounds like my type of flying job!!!!! They are out there

In Hong Kong. If you live there, that money won't buy you much. Some of Cathay's pilots are US based (like Bjammin), but I don't know if they are more hiring positions available for US bases. Read the "Fragrant Harbour" section of PPRUNE to find out more about Cathay Pacific.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's not all roses. A little anti-Americanism, pedantic checking and training, and Hong Kong is expensive, but if you live there they give you a good housing allowance, about $7500 a month, and a 13th month paycheck(profit dependant). Wife does get to jumpseat in the cockpit however, which is fun and guarantees her a seat on my flights.

The wifey and I are going to move from San Diego to Hong Kong next year. The money will be better, great vacations are very close, and I'm tired of the politics of SOCAL. Communism has nothing on the left in California! ;-)

They are no longer hiring to US bases, that may change, we'll see. Watch this space for changes.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back