• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

End of year paycheck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I agree with his post, whats your point.

You guys want a fair SLI, right? Well a fair SLI might mean some of you lose your seats. If your seniority can't hold it on the combine list then thats how it works....but they you guys cry more....I want my 50% raise and my seat. "We have ATL, we have 50 airplanes on order" Blah, blah blah.

You are the only ones (pilotwise) that want this deal.

Yeah, I agree with his post, whats your point.

You guys want a fair SLI, right? Well a fair SLI might mean some of you lose your seats. If your seniority can't hold it on the combine list then thats how it works....but they you guys cry more....I want my 50% raise and my seat. "We have ATL, we have 50 airplanes on order" Blah, blah blah.

You are the only ones (pilotwise) that want this deal.

We will accept what the arbitrator gives us. If they put me in the right seat or keep you in your current position as an FO, then so be it. I'm willing to accept the decision, are you?

We will accept what the arbitrator gives us. If they put me in the right seat or keep you in your current position as an FO, then so be it. I'm willing to accept the decision, are you?

Yes....

NJA Captain. 3/4 year on year 8 pay. Started year 9 pay in October.

15 Day schedule until October, then 7 on / 7 off.

$132,518

That's about 10% above base for overtime, holiday, after-midnight penalty, etc.

280 Hours block.

Buttloads more hours sitting around FBOs on standby.

An additional $11,000 in 401(k) match money not included in the above numbers.

Not SWA numbers but not bad considering where we were in 2004.

$82,500. 2nd year / 3rd year M88/90 pay at DL.

444 block.

If there is a bright spot, its that I averaged 20 full days off at home as a commuter.

How are the SWA guys making that kind of bank? These #'s can't be just at straight pay are they? If so, :bawling:

So 93885-5800-6600=81485, I made 148k ish as a 4 year FO, not including perdiem or retro for 750 hours. That a nice 67000/year pay raise for Airtran FOs.

Yes it is.

By the way, I just would like to thank the SWA crew I was drinking with the other night in FLL. We had a great time. Clearly not all of your colleagues are as disturbed about this as you. I hope for your sake you are able to resolve your hostile feelings and move on. In the end I think you'll be much happier but that's up to you.

Looking forward to working with all my new Southwest brothers and sisters. Beers are on me.

I'm not hostile at all, there isn't much I can do as a line pilot when it comes down to the final SLI. I was just stating the obvious. Some of your airtran fellow pilots want the world, I just don't want to get the shaft.

I'm not hostile at all, there isn't much I can do as a line pilot when it comes down to the final SLI. I was just stating the obvious. Some of your airtran fellow pilots want the world, I just don't want to get the shaft.

Cole,

You want what YOU think is fair. What scares you is that a neutral, someone who supposedly is fair and balanced, will hear both sides and then make a decision based on that testimony. Everyone wants a good outcome for their own team, but in the end it will be what is FAIR that will result in the SLI. SWA and Airtran may not be total equals, but they aren't total opposites. What does that mean? Integration of the lists. That's called business. The AT guys just got a new contract, and if it takes a year to do the SLI (hope not), then their pay checks will be a lot closer to yours thanks to that new pay scale. That is what the arbitrator is looking at, current pay rates, and they just got a raise. They will get another big one soon, too. Good luck to all of you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Has the big shot GL posted his earnings yet??? Maybe he's still typing 00000's on the end of it. Post it home boy, oh yea enjoy your day, have a great trip, live life to the fullest, and be all you can be; congrats on the lie flats, super cool.

Latest resources

Back