• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

End of year paycheck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$77,000 FO at Allegiant. Our pay raises didn't start until May of last year.

Underpaid, but not one single day away from home for work in over 2 years. I expect to take a pay cut this May when rising fuel prices force us down to band 2 pay rates.

$77,000 FO at Allegiant. Our pay raises didn't start until May of last year.

Underpaid, but not one single day away from home for work in over 2 years. I expect to take a pay cut this May when rising fuel prices force us down to band 2 pay rates.

That's nice, just subsidize the flights with your own money, forget raises the passenger ticket prices, that's certainly not an option.

Interesting how you use the word "force." I'm not trying to be a dick...just read your post over again and look at the defeatist attitude in it.

That's nice, just subsidize the flights with your own money, forget raises the passenger ticket prices, that's certainly not an option.

Interesting how you use the word "force." I'm not trying to be a dick...just read your post over again and look at the defeatist attitude in it.

You know nothing about me. I am one of the union organizers here at AAY. I am not a fan of the 4-band pay scale our pilot group agreed to. Why should we take pay cuts when we're still making big profits?

The current agreement forces us to take a pay cut if we make less than a 14% profit margin. That's more profit than most airlines ever make and we are expected to take a pay cut. We're currently at only 14.3% profit margin for the year and fuel prices are going up which will most likely drive us below the 14% threshold; meaning a pay cut. I'm not being defeatist, I'm being realistic.

I have helped all year to bring a union to Allegiant that would offer professional negotiators and a chance at an industry standard CBA or better. Unfortunately there is a group of guys here who have used the strength of our union drive to secure quick pay raises from mgt knowing it would completely undermine the union drive with the promise of a quick pay raise.

What was your point of trying to insult me anyway? Were you trying to bash our pay scale? It looks to me like you're a regional puke, so you definitely shouldn't throw stones when it comes to lowering standards, especially toward someone whose worked so hard to raise them.

Last edited:
You want an AAI rate? Here ya go:

4yr FO

Gross: $93,885

$6600 signing bonus(included in the gross)
$5800 per diem(included in the gross)
$8500 company contribution to 401k

850 block

Thanksgiving and Christmas off. Work most weekends but that's by choice.

Not the top of the heap but certainly not the bottom either.

I think Age would be a nice datapoint in this thread. I wonder if there is anyone under 30 who broke the $200k mark, or even under 35.

You want an AAI rate? Here ya go:

4yr FO

Gross: $93,885

$6600 signing bonus(included in the gross)
$5800 per diem(included in the gross)
$8500 company contribution to 401k

850 block

Thanksgiving and Christmas off. Work most weekends but that's by choice.

Not the top of the heap but certainly not the bottom either.

So 93885-5800-6600=81485, I made 148k ish as a 4 year FO, not including perdiem or retro for 750 hours. That a nice 67000/year pay raise for Airtran FOs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back