• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

End is near.... Gojet gets 1st CRJ.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that GJ pilots are represented by Teamsters, are they still the devils children? The reason I ask, I know people in the industry, both retired and current line pilots, saying that everything should be fine now that they are represented. They are recommending that I send my resume in ASAP and I just want to make sure it's not going to be career suicide. I would appreciate any and all sincere responses. Once again, I'm not trying to stir the pot; I just want to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

It wouldn't be that bad, but you would have to go and personally talk to all of the pilots out there who have hard feelings about G0JET and tell them that everything is now fine and they should get over it. This is not just TSA pilots, the hard part would be trying to do this BEFORE you tried to jumpseat to work.

FlyHIToo said:
Explain to me how a single list would be legally possible. Unless the GJ MEC agrees to the deal? Since the NMB has now said that they are separate transportation systems, TSA ALPA would be no more able to force a list with GJ than ComAIR to force a list with Delta, or American Eagle to force a single list with American. Unless all FOUR PARTYS (GJ mgt, TSA mgt, ALPA, and IBT) agree to a deal.
Thank you for proving my point about how TSA management wanted GJ to be Teamsters. Having two pilot groups that can't be combined is great for them. Can you say whipsaw? Don't think you're not immune from it.

Last edited:
The Freedom Air people used to do the same thing, wouldn't speak to other pilots in the hotel bar, wouldn't go NEAR any other pilots in the terminal in uniform, and would often lie about their status trying to get on a jumpseat.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... it probably ain't a swan.

G0Jets may get away with it legally, but everyone knows what they are, what they're doing, and that it's ethically and morally wrong.

To argue differently just shows your lack in those departments.

FlyHIToo said:
Explain to me how a single list would be legally possible. Unless the GJ MEC agrees to the deal? Since the NMB has now said that they are separate transportation systems, TSA ALPA would be no more able to force a list with GJ than ComAIR to force a list with Delta, or American Eagle to force a single list with American. Unless all FOUR PARTYS (GJ mgt, TSA mgt, ALPA, and IBT) agree to a deal.

Uhhh wrong again. If TSA Holdings wants the lists merged all they have to do is merge the companies. Then just like any other merger, the lists would be integrated, how this is done of course, is negotiated by the unions. Now we know this would not happen as long as TSA is flying for American. My point is that we are all at the mercy of the company, they can, and will do whatever benifets them most. If you disagree, you are just plain ignorant.

Unless all FOUR PARTYS (GJ mgt, TSA mgt, ALPA, and IBT) agree to a deal.

GJ mgt and TSA mgt ARE THE SAME! Some one tell me how this is not the case! GJ is in the same building that TSA is in. This building is the old TWA training center in STL, Now owned By whom?! AMERICAN!! The very scope that GJ was initially started to circumvent! But no all you seperate company coolaid drinkers keep drinking!! Seperate web sites DOES NOT MAKE SEPERATE COMPANIES!!

f/o(forever) said:
GJ mgt and TSA mgt ARE THE SAME! Some one tell me how this is not the case! GJ is in the same building that TSA is in.

Have you ever been DAL Holding or to AMR their mgt is in the same buildings some in cubicles next to each other. Most the upper mgnt (VP Level) is in the holding company.

f/o(forever) said:
This building is the old TWA training center in STL, Now owned By whom?AMERICAN!!

WRONG. That building is owned by the city. AMR sold it in October 2005.

f/o(forever) said:
The very scope that GJ was started to circumvent!

You are CORRECT here. So was Shuttle America/Republic.

f/o(forever) said:
But no all you seperate company coolaid drinkers keep drinking!! Seperate web sites DOES NOT MAKE SEPERATE COMPANIES!!

Read pages 36, 37, 38, 39. There many more reasons then a website that the NMB found them to be separate carries.
http://www.nmb.gov/representation/deter2006/33n009.pdf

f/o(forever).... you will be an FO FOREVER because you are the one drinking the cool-aid and DO NOT THINK for yourself. Just look at what you just posted, all half truthes and rumors. Get the facts. Make dicisions based on your own research and not what others tell you to be true/facts.

FlyHIToo said:
f/o(forever).... you will be an FO FOREVER because you are the one drinking the cool-aid and DO NOT THINK for yourself. Just look at what you just posted, all half truthes and rumors. Get the facts. Make dicisions based on your own research and not what others tell you to be true/facts.

RESEARCH? that doesn't change anything. don't complicate the issues. But you want some basic research here you go. You guys only have a union, in order to be a union busting tool.

It might be almost a year old, but still accurate, unlike your attempts to muddy the waters.

ALPA President to Trans States Management: We'll Cooperate, but We're Not Backing Down
ST LOUIS, MO - The head of the union that represents pilots at St. Louis-based Trans States Airlines today told pilots at a rally at Lambert Airport that the union is taking a carrot-and-stick approach to resolving labor issues at the airline.
"I have come here today to personally issue a public challenge to your management to alter the course that they have taken in dealing with their pilots," said Capt. Duane Woerth, president of the Air Line Pilots Association, International, in remarks prepared for the rally.
"I have come to challenge them to work cooperatively with our union to help build this airline for the future. And I have come to offer to help promote new business opportunities for this airline and new job opportunities for its ALPA pilots. I am convinced that, together, we can build Trans States into a strong, solid company for decades to come," Woerth said.
"I have also come here to draw public attention to the fact that, sadly, our efforts to discuss the issues before us in cooperation with the company have, to date, met with little to no success. Using only the most tenuous thread of justification, Trans States management has sought to create an alter-ego carrier that they intend to staff with pilots not sheltered by an ALPA-bargained contract," he said.
"In response to this tactic, we have been forced to file a grievance concerning this alter-ego carrier, because management has made it clear that ************************* exists solely to evade ALPA and the TSA-ALPA agreement. The clearest proof? Management's premature and illegal attempt to install a separate union before ************************* employs any pilots or begins operations. While management's public claim that a contractual restriction makes it impossible to extend the ALPA contract to larger jets, I assure you that we can readily overcome this very common obstacle," Woerth said.
"The management at Trans States has concluded that they have some strong opportunities for growth of their company-in new sectors, in new markets, on new routes, and flying for new carriers. I applaud that vision. I salute it. That being said, I insist that the Air Line Pilots Association and the pilots we represent play our legitimate role in tangibly contributing to that growth. There is absolutely no justifiable reason to create an alter-ego carrier or a carrier that is 'walled off' from our pilots, whose sacrifices and hard work have built this company. ************************* may indeed be a viable operation moving forward-but only with our pilots in those cockpits," he said.
"Unfortunately, time is running out, because the management team at TSA has decided to do more than just stop talking to our pilots and their representatives. They have made the unfortunate - and potentially devastating - decision to crack down on our union and our union representatives here in St. Louis and elsewhere," he said.
"Standing right here with me today are two good ALPA representatives-officers who put their necks on the line for their brothers and sisters-who have recently been unjustifiably fired by TSA. The Executive Council of our International union was so outraged by these maneuvers that it recently voted to make these fired pilots financially whole until they are rightfully returned to their cockpits. That's what being union is all about. I will not tolerate attacks on, or interference with, our union representatives-pilots or employees-simply because they are members or staff of this union," Woerth said.
"The climate here at Trans States Airlines does not need to be poisoned. We can start fresh today - if management accepts our offered hand and alters their course of action. If they make that change, we can build a better airline and a better environment for the future," he said.

REDBOOK,
That speach was given in the Spring of 2005. That was the last time Worth spoke publicly on the GJ matter. After TSA MEC fail to secure the flying and the NMB ruling, ALPA national has not addressed the issue they know there is no point, they even tried to organize GJ pilots.

ALPA lost this one because of a hard headed MEC. End of story.

FlyHIToo said:
REDBOOK,
That speach was given in the Spring of 2005. That was the last time Worth spoke publicly on the GJ matter. After TSA MEC fail to secure the flying and the NMB ruling, ALPA national has not addressed the issue they know there is no point, they even tried to organize GJ pilots.

ALPA lost this one because of a hard headed MEC. End of story.

You are correct that Duane has been mostly silent, that is just evidence of a failure to show leadership and follow up on the basic truths that he stated last may.

Hard headed mec? 75% said no to a horrible ultimatum put forth by tsa management with an assist from people like you. The only loss in this is the g0jet pilots careers. That is why you are fighting so hard to confuse the issues.

Origianlly posted by flyHIToo
f/o(forever).... you will be an FO FOREVER because you are the one drinking the cool-aid and DO NOT THINK for yourself. Just look at what you just posted, all half truthes and rumors. Get the facts.

Whose making assumptions now? I never said I was an f/o!! In the airlines for 6 years, no reason to change my sign in! Beside it's fun to see people make STUPID assumptions!! How about these facts, GJ gom made by a tsa f/o on reserve!! All GJ start up people worked at TSA prior to "GJ " becoming seperate! But I understand your trying to justify your actions, I just don't understand why GJ pilots hide their ID's and all walk together in ord. If you feel so good about being a GJ pilot then grow some *****!! COME OUT OF THE CLOSET!! I've come to see "in life" that guilty people ACT GUILTY!!!

Latest resources

Back