• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

End is near.... Gojet gets 1st CRJ.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Technically the word "company" in the TSA pilots' contract is never actually defined. And with all due respect to the NMB, seperate websites is a sorry piece of evidence for deciding if they're seperate companies. And while we haven't lost any airplanes (at least not yet, there's nothing stopping them from putting 145s on the GJ certificate once they get that far), we are losing routes to them on a monthly basis. How do I know this. Because routes that I've flown for TSA (after GJ was running) are now being flown by GJ.

The truth of the matter is this, no matter whether you think they're scabs, or an alter-ego, or a fully legal and legitimate company (just because it's legal doesn't make it right), GJ poses a huge threat to TSA and our chances of getting a decent contract in the upcoming negotiations. I still have a slight glimmer of hope that it'll get resolved during the contract (but then everyone will start comparing us to Mesa so that's gonna suck), but I don't think the situation is gonna work out well for anyone involved (including the GJ pilots, you guys aren't gonna get the great contract you think you will with the management team you're negotiating with). The only way this is gonna work out well is if both pilot groups band together, and there's too much animosity on both sides for that to happen.

By the way, thanks to the GJ pilot in ORD a couple days ago who wasn't wearing a hat, had his ID hidden behind his jacket, and had the wings taken off his jacket. Got a kick out of that (and don't you dare say I made that up, saw it with my own eyes).

Lear70 said:
Well, that's just the point. ALPA did NOT screw them.

In the case of the termination from PCL, he screwed himself calling in sick then using his pass privileges to travel somewhere. He MIGHT get his job back in grievance, probably won't because of the way he did it. Nice guy, stupid move, and I USED to feel bad for him and was trying to help as much as I could but now I'm pretty irritated at him for going to G0Jets and won't help him anymore.

PM me and let me know more about this L70.

h25b said:
Listen, numb nuts.... I DON'T WORK THERE. And I'd be happy to prove it if you'd like.
That's about the only honest thing he HAS said in all this.

He and I have debated several things before and in our debates has convinced me he's not in the airline world (although I believe he used to be).

Why he comes on here and messes with people about it is more than I can answer. Every time we've argued he seems to take a stance that is pretty self-serving; this circumstance is no different.

He's in it for him, and everyone else be d*mned. We all have to do what's right for us, but that doesn't mean you get automatic dibs to screw another pilot (or any person for that matter) over in order to pursue your goals. It's called "ethics", and if thinking like a lawyer gets you farther in life, that's fine; the rest of us have a conscience.

Good luck, you're now on my ignore list as you've had nothing helpful or insightful to add to this debate (nor the other two we've discussed) so I just don't feel the need to listen to your drivel any longer.

I know I'll probably get ripped to pieces for this question but here it goes. Now that GJ pilots are represented by Teamsters, are they still the devils children? The reason I ask, I know people in the industry, both retired and current line pilots, saying that everything should be fine now that they are represented. They are recommending that I send my resume in ASAP and I just want to make sure it's not going to be career suicide. I would appreciate any and all sincere responses. Once again, I'm not trying to stir the pot; I just want to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Doesn't matter if they're union or not, they're still an alter-ego carrier that is going to seriously hurt TSA pilots as they try to improve on their current contract.

Actually, I think getting GJ under teamsters was part of TSA management's plan. The reason I say this is because apparently management asked the pilots if they wanted a union and almost welcomed in teamsters. What management ever asks its employees if they want a union? Go on the frac board and read all the stuff that Flight Options management put out when their pilots tried to unionize. It just doesn't make sense that TSA management would so readily welcome in the teamsters, except that it probably (I'm not a legal expert by any means so take this for whatever it's worth) makes it harder to combine the seniority lists if TSA pilots manage to negotiate a single list.

Last edited:
flyer172r said:
Doesn't matter if they're union or not, they're still an alter-ego carrier that is going to seriously hurt TSA pilots as they try to improve on their current contract.
Few things make me laugh harder than the dirtbags who get hired on as a means to bust a union and then organize themselves. Prostitute local 214. They're no different than the jackoffs that buy a house next to the airport and then start to complain about the noise.

Just say no to GO!

fliynhi said:
I was under the impression that the TSA pilots initially refused a single seniority list. Is this incorrect?

Last summer the TSA MEC tried to negotiate a solution to the problem, but management refused to negotiate with them and instead held a few meetings with ALPA national. That resulted in nothing, and last fall management made one take-it-or-leave-it offer that would've extended a sub-standard contract for 4 years, offered a 1.5% pay raise each year (when combined with inflation that would've resulted in a pay cut each year for all practical purposes), and contained language that wasn't really that strong and definitely could've been circumvented. TSA is now in contract negotiations and if the issue is going to be resolved, it will be resolved through those negotiations. Unfortunately getting a single seniority list is going to cost TSA a lot in terms of potential gains that they had a good chance of getting if not for the GJ whipsaw.

It's not quite correct to say TSA pilots refused the single seniority list, it'd be more accurate to say we rejected their ultimatum-like LOA and are currently trying another approach. The story isn't finished yet, it'll likely be a very contentious few years. Honestly, even if the rest of the industry didn't hate GJ, I would still tell you to stay away from any company run by Trans States Holdings. A lot of TSA FOs who have been here less than a year are looking to leave. I know of one guy who got tired of working at TSA he just quit without even having another job lined up.

I know that GJets is not the place to apply. I understand that TSA management formed this new company to get around some clauses. When they were formed they did not have a union representation. Any pilot that flies for them is considered a tool. From what I read they have recently got union representation from the Teamsters. So for someone who really does not know the business yet, why all the animosity towards GJets? They have a union now if I have read correctly. Skywest does not have one but a lot of people say it's a great place to work for. I'm getting close to applying for a regional and will not apply to GJets, Mesa, and other "lowering the bar airlines." Still I want to know why GJets gets the treatment now that it has representation. No flamebait, just a newbie trying to learn.

flyer172r said:
TSA is now in contract negotiations and if the issue is going to be resolved, it will be resolved through those negotiations. Unfortunately getting a single seniority list is going to cost TSA .........

Explain to me how a single list would be legally possible. Unless the GJ MEC agrees to the deal? Since the NMB has now said that they are separate transportation systems, TSA ALPA would be no more able to force a list with GJ than ComAIR to force a list with Delta, or American Eagle to force a single list with American. Unless all FOUR PARTYS (GJ mgt, TSA mgt, ALPA, and IBT) agree to a deal.

Latest resources

Back