• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates US Road Shows?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will go wherever they need you. Looks like 777 for now although some 330 courses also running.

Thanks TSA,

Just curious, how many Americans have been qualified on the A380 thus far? If you talk to them, how do they like flying the big bird?

1 american on the 380 last time I heard

my guess is we will be an airline of 777s and 380s

rumor on the flightdeck is the engine EK wants will not fit under the 350

just my 2cents

Of the last 15 Americans hired: 3 A330 and the other 12 B777. You will go where they need you at the moment. uba757

Just talked to a US pilot who was at one of the recent US road shows. They told him 55 tonne limit! I'm guessing some consistency might help EK with their hiring!

This information is false

Just talked to a US pilot who was at one of the recent US road shows. They told him 55 tonne limit! I'm guessing some consistency might help EK with their hiring!

I was personally at the Miami info session. If anyone wants to know what info was provided to us about required qualifications, feel free to PM me with any questions. I will respond with the information provided to us by the HR rep and the B777 Capt that were conducting the session.

I won't however, get into a pissing contest here.

Cheers!

Freedom, can you just post it here for us to see? I've asked about the 2,500 hour requirement and can't get a straight answer. I've heard no ton limit, 30 ton limit, and 55 ton limit.

At the meeting I attended in Miami

There were several requirements, the big one being at least 2000 hours over 30 tons. Interestingly, this meant a CRJ200 Captain might not qualify, where as a CRJ700/900 First Officer might. Now go try to make some logic out of that.

Alot of pissed off guys in the room, as we were all lead to believe that weight requirement had been dropped, since it was no longer on the company website prior to the meetings (haven't checked it since).

Both the HR rep and the Captain were pushing hard for people to apply, even if they did not meet the stated requirement. They said the requirements can change overnight, with the stroke of an email, depending upon need.

Personally, I believe they knew what they did, this was no accident. I believe they are trying to build up a data base of Pilots, so that if they do not get enough applicants with their current requirements, as they stated, they can then do a search through thier database for those that meet the new requirements.

Bottom Line: If you want to work there apply on line. They said they were interviewing approx 32 per week, and according to them, 43% of those interviewing were hired. If they can't get that 32 per week in to select from, they will probably have to drop their requirements again, just like they did from 55 tons to 30 tons.

It is their sandbox; they make the rules. But I personally was not very happy with the what I believe to have been intentional, misrepresentation of the requirements, on their website, before the road shows took place in the US.

Had I not had other pressing personal business in the Miami area that same week, I would have traveled well over 500 miles for nothing.

From what I understand, if you can't put up with this kind of stuff, working overseas is not for you. There are no US labor laws over there; in fact Unions for example, are ILLEGAL in the U.A.E.

Good Luck to all who apply.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
There were several requirements, the big one being at least 2000 hours over 30 tons. Interestingly, this meant a CRJ200 Captain might not qualify, where as a CRJ700/900 First Officer might. Now go try to make some logic out of that.

Alot of pissed off guys in the room, as we were all lead to believe that weight requirement had been dropped, since it was no longer on the company website prior to the meetings (haven't checked it since).

Both the HR rep and the Captain were pushing hard for people to apply, even if they did not meet the stated requirement. They said the requirements can change overnight, with the stroke of an email, depending upon need.

Personally, I believe they knew what they did, this was no accident. I believe they are trying to build up a data base of Pilots, so that if they do not get enough applicants with their current requirements, as they stated, they can then do a search through thier database for those that meet the new requirements.

Bottom Line: If you want to work there apply on line. They said they were interviewing approx 32 per week, and according to them, 43% of those interviewing were hired. If they can't get that 32 per week in to select from, they will probably have to drop their requirements again, just like they did from 55 tons to 30 tons.

It is their sandbox; they make the rules. But I personally was not very happy with the what I believe to have been intentional, misrepresentation of the requirements, on their website, before the road shows took place in the US.

Had I not had other pressing personal business in the Miami area that same week, I would have traveled well over 500 miles for nothing.

From what I understand, if you can't put up with this kind of stuff, working overseas is not for you. There are no US labor laws over there; in fact Unions for example, are ILLEGAL in the U.A.E.

Good Luck to all who apply.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I'm one of those ERJ guys waiting for a call, someday. I'm already in the Middle East, so it isn't that much of a move for me.

Tim

Latest resources

Back