• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates US Road Shows?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cliff - That is the best attitude to have. Way too often I have found inconsistencies like you're speaking about in airline recruiting departments. Keep on plugging away, good things will happen. The right guy will see you CV one of these days.....

FCN

I went to the Memphis show and by the time I got home I had another email giving the correct location of the show ( ha ha ) and the mins had dropped any weight requirements. Maybe I will have a chance now. My Lear is far less than 55 or 30 tons.

what the heII is "9E"? AIRLINE NAMES PEOPLE!!!! not codes!

Pinnacle. But that's not the point. The point was that CRJ-200 pilots (gross weight less than 30 tons. 53k max ~ 24 tons) have gotten hired at Emirates this year. At least 6 pilots from Pinnacle alone.

Pinnacle. But that's not the point. The point was that CRJ-200 pilots (gross weight less than 30 tons. 53k max ~ 24 tons) have gotten hired at Emirates this year. At least 6 pilots from Pinnacle alone.

Just curious, where do most of the CRJ pilots go in terms of fleet? Are most going to the 777? Are any of these Pinnacle pilots getting the Airbus?

I just looked at the EK Seniority list, the last 2 guys hired from the U.S. on it are on the BUS but only 1 of the previous 10 before that went on the BUS, the other 9 went to the B777. This numbers go back to October of 2009 and start as recent as July 2010.
Like I said before, things here change from week to week, my friend who was put on the short-list with CRJ200 and Citation X time was removed from the short-list 1 month later because of the type of aircraft he had time on. Many of the Americans who came here 2 or 3 years ago that have only CRJ or ERJ time are not being allowed to move to the A380 while newer guys with maybe less time but larger aircraft time are being moved to the A380. Someone said to me the other day that EK's Insurance company may be behind the change in minimums, other people say that it has to do with the problems some of the new hires are having flying the larger aircraft, others say that it is the fact that EK might have to lower the requirements for upgrades to Captain, we have no clue, stories change here by the week and by the nationality of the person you are talking to. I hope this helps some of you.

uba757

I can't understand why management people think that RJ drivers cannot fly larger aircraft. It makes no sense. To me its all the same.....and airplane is an airplane!!
I went from the CRJ to the 747 classic as did my other colleagues.

Latest resources

Back