• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only when they absolutely, positively have to, because no one with Boeing/Airbus time is prepared to go there. It's the only reason they were prepared to look at RJ guys 18 months ago.

So this is why I get Emails from them every few weeks. Im surprised with all the guys not working around the world they would have a Boeing / Airbus Qualed line out the door.

So this is why I get Emails from them every few weeks. Im surprised with all the guys not working around the world they would have a Boeing / Airbus Qualed line out the door.

I know you fly Boeing equipment (meaning you would likely get a 777 seat), but you should see how desparate they are - tell them you'll take A380 or nothing and see what happens...

Tell them you want the 380 or nothing and I can tell you nothing will happen. They refused to take recently hired guys from the 330 fleet to the 380, they insisted on min 2 years with the company. There are plenty of people waiting on the 330 fleet to transfer who have less than 2 years.

How many days on and off are at a time? Would it be possible to work 15 days on and a certain amount off?

Last edited:
The rosters at EK are absolutely not commutable. Flights throughout the month with a normal situation being 3-4 days off in a row.
Guys use to get creative with bidding but that has been stopped by a petty management that enforced a no more than 5 days off in a row through bidding.

The rosters at EK are absolutely not commutable. Flights throughout the month with a normal situation being 3-4 days off in a row.
Guys use to get creative with bidding but that has been stopped by a petty management that enforced a no more than 5 days off in a row through bidding.
Which, combined with the policy of making interviewees pay for their travel to the interview (I don't mind getting to Houston, but they can positive space me on their own planes, come on...), and the questionable housing status and increase of fees and partial payments of utilities, etc, means I wouldn't accept an interview there right now.

If their times for DECA come down 1,000 hours into my total time range and they fixed the rosters to where I can get home 3 or 4 times a year with 12-14 days off, as well as making the on-line pass travel 100% free and whenever I want so I can bounce up into Europe on my days off once or twice a month, I'll reconsider.

Have no interest in being that restricted to use the benefits that many of us are used to for being airline pilots.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
...and they fixed the rosters to where I can get home 3 or 4 times a year with 12-14 days off...

Come home more than 35 days a year and you will lose your expat tax exclusion, which I believe currently exempts you up to $91,400. Tax-free pay is a BIG reason to put up with all the other sandbox BS...

I easily get home four times a year with no problems, just through bidding vacation (42 days per year). You can commute, but it's a b$%ch. I'm commuting right now and have been for six months. I don't plan on doing it much longer, just what the circumstances are right now. The only way I can commute is through constantly trip swapping. You certainly could not do it just by bidding a schedule (as overseas pointed out). Plus, if you don't get business or better, it's a miserable trip. Business and first non-rev is fairly expensive here as well. Bottom line, IMHO, commuting here sucks and you should not expect to do it long term.

I will stand to be corrected, but I thought they were now paying for the interviewees to come over again from an EK station. Could be wrong though.

New joiners are going straight into villas now. (Not really a villa, more like a 3 to 4 bedroom townhome). It seems that they have the housing sorted out. However, I've been here several years and have not had any direct contact with the accomodation department. I've just talked with some of the new joiners and they seemed okay with their housing. But again, I will stand to be corrected by any of the new joiners.

Management team has said no more DEC's. However, things change with the shifting sands so if they are needed, they will bring that back. Plenty of FO's here to upgrade.

As long as you can meet the bona fide residence test, the 35 days does not apply.

Last edited:
Hi!

What is the "bona fide residence" test? And it is more than 30 days in the US, or you have to pay!

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back