Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to agree with TP's assessment. Only I would have said it like this..."dude, you have no idea what you're talking about". Anyone with an CPL can calculate performance...just because you open the QRH more than airline pilots do doesn't make you special.

Yeah, I can see how Emirates provides MANDATORY hypoxia training, high altitude upset recovery, extensive icing training, plus extensive scenario based training. Yup, I can see how I am not qualified!!

Relax man. Give it time. Given hiring trends across the world I have the feeling that EK won't have the luxury of being so strict on requirements in the near future. If you truly have a hard-on for applying at EK...you'll get your chance. However, if you show up with the attitude that you're better than your fellow applicants because of your 'extensive' knowledge on hypoxia, high altitude aerodynamics, icing, and Yeager like abilities in the sim...you'll promptly be shown the door. Good Luck.

Yeah, I can see how Emirates provides MANDATORY hypoxia training, high altitude upset recovery, extensive icing training, plus extensive scenario based training. Yup, I can see how I am not qualified!!

With that attitude you'll probably won't make it throught the first day of the interview. I'd like to see you trying though...

If one has time in aircraft over 30t does it need to be PIC? I have a little over 1500 ERJ-170 but its all SIC.

If one has time in aircraft over 30t does it need to be PIC? I have a little over 1500 ERJ-170 but its all SIC.

No, none of the hourly requirements need to be PIC:

emiratesgroupcareers.com said:
Requirements: For the position of First Officer (prior to joining):

A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time (may include 25% P3 or FEO time to a max of 500 hr).

A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft. (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement).

OR

A minimum of 2500 hours total flying time on a modern commercial multi-engine, multi-crew aircraft jet. (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement)

Must hold a valid ICAO ATPL

English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension); ICAO English level (4 or above)

Type rated would be advantageous

To Apply: To be invited to the Selection Programme in Dubai, we will consider candidates who are short up to 500 hours of the above requirements.

Please be advised that currently a unpublished requirement exists that some of the jet hours need to be in an aircraft >30tons MTOW.

AGVMIA, I suppose with both airline and Flight Saftery training it all depends on who your instructor is, what aircraft you are training in, overall level of experience, etc... It was wrong of my to make a blanket statement regarding Flight Saftey training. Lots of guys flying safely all over the world. I should have stated "It has been, in my experience, ...."

BTW, am I the first person to admit being wrong on Flight Info?

App complete. ERJ 170 MGTOW is 82,011lbs which is over 30t, unless my math is way off.

Any of you folks selected for an interview know the time it took to get a reply after sending in your requested interview dates? I'm standing by to stand by. I can't seem to get a reply via email so I called and left a voice message.

Thanks.

Do the EK pilots figure performance on some type of computer, or do they use charts, or some other method?

....just curious....

cliff
CVG
PS-Schd to fly as PAX on EK in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back