• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherpa,
Yes including a couple of captains now, so they (females) have been here for a number of years now.

Ah, thanks! My wife asked and I thought the answer was no until I saw an email addressed to me that read, Dear Sir or Mam. That hinted that there were but I wasn't sure. I think that will help her gauge the society a little better.

EK wants all my logbooks stamped and certified by my employer or regulatory authority. I have logged every hour but I'm not familiar if we have an official stamp or way to certify them other than contacting our crew records department and verifying the hours directly. Anyone that interviewed lately got any flight log certification info?

Edit: Nevermind, I found what may be the answer from TP.:)

"If you can get a computer printout of flight times from your company, signed and stamped by the chief pilot or someone else in authority that would generally suffice. Failing that get your logbook stamped or signed by someone in your company. Failing that, get a copy of your latest FAA form 8710 signed and/or notarized."

Last edited:
The best and your not close!

AGVMIA, I suppose with both airline and Flight Saftery training it all depends on who your instructor is, what aircraft you are training in, overall level of experience, etc... It was wrong of my to make a blanket statement regarding Flight Saftey training. Lots of guys flying safely all over the world. I should have stated "It has been, in my experience, ...."

BTW, am I the first person to admit being wrong on Flight Info?

Being an airline pilot myself, you would be dead wrong. There are a lot of Flight Safety trained pilots in corporate, charter and some airlines use them. Making a blanket statement about the best training in the world is plain stupied. I figuares your a guy or girl that maybe flew some charter or corporate and now in the airlines. You don't have a dispatch and resources we have in the airline world, so it's probably harder not flying airlines. You will probably be some new douschebag flying FO at my blue airline! Open mouth and insert foot!!

Last edited:
Okay, I'll take the bait. What exactly am I wrong about? Quality of instructor and program do not make a difference in the effectiveness of training? I admitted that my statement about FS training was incorrect, because AGVMIA posted, (paraphrasing) that he has had easier training at an airline than FS. Are you saying the same thing? As far as being a d-bag, if you mean I bring warm, soothing comfort to your mom, then yes. If you're implying that I'm a spoon fed Riddle rat who thinks that aviation owes them something because they took third place in a C-152 landing competition, then you would be wrong. Since you posted at 9:30 on a Saturday night and there is little sense in your post, I'm assuming you're probably drinking alone in your hotel room. Keep your blue airline, you're probably gonna be bought out by Republic or Trans States in a few years anyway.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Carry on

Last edited:
Guys:

That was Ace Pilot's first post in 4 years. If you read his profile and his post history it is quite obvious that he uses that identity to post troll like responses on Flight Info. He probably posts under a different user name at other times. I reported the post to the moderators but they have done nothing. That is one of the major reasons that myself and others have abandoned FI in favor of other more mature aviation forums that will not tolerate behavior such as Ace Pilot's.

I have kept posting here in the Foreign forum only to help other American pilots learn about Emirates and other foreign airline opportunities. Looks like even that is coming to an end. I'll be at APC and P.P.W. if anyone wants an adult conversation about foreign airline opportunities.

Typhoonpilot

Different View Points

Guys:

That was Ace Pilot's first post in 4 years. If you read his profile and his post history it is quite obvious that he uses that identity to post troll like responses on Flight Info. He probably posts under a different user name at other times. I reported the post to the moderators but they have done nothing. That is one of the major reasons that myself and others have abandoned FI in favor of other more mature aviation forums that will not tolerate behavior such as Ace Pilot's.

I have kept posting here in the Foreign forum only to help other American pilots learn about Emirates and other foreign airline opportunities. Looks like even that is coming to an end. I'll be at APC and P.P.W. if anyone wants an adult conversation about foreign airline opportunities.

Typhoonpilot

Think you need to give it a rest. I have friends that have been members on here for a longtime that hardly ever post, so give it a break. Someone who post a comment on something they believe in. That is by no means a cardinal sin on any message board. I think Flightinfo is good on having different view points and opinions. Maybe, if someone makes a stupied statement like your friend made. It should be bashed to some degree.

Might be a good idea for you to abandoned FI along with your other friends and have more mature aviation conversation or ones no one will question.

Since, when did you become a moderator??

View points are only fair!

Last edited:
EK wants all my logbooks stamped and certified by my employer or regulatory authority. I have logged every hour but I'm not familiar if we have an official stamp or way to certify them other than contacting our crew records department and verifying the hours directly. Anyone that interviewed lately got any flight log certification info?

Edit: Nevermind, I found what may be the answer from TP.:)

"If you can get a computer printout of flight times from your company, signed and stamped by the chief pilot or someone else in authority that would generally suffice. Failing that get your logbook stamped or signed by someone in your company. Failing that, get a copy of your latest FAA form 8710 signed and/or notarized."

I took my logbook and got the last page with my signature notarized. I also went to the Chief Pilot at my former company and they wrote me a letter on company letterhead verifying my hours. Either way works fine.

This thread is closed due to multiple compalints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back