Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those considering applying, remember image is everything. Sometimes, your application and qualifications are perfect and then the recruitment staff go to the final step of choosing to send you an email and find a contact mail address like [email protected] or [email protected]. That is where your quest for an interview ends. If you are one of those with stupid email addresses trying to be funny for your friends or show what a great pilot you are, might I suggest making a separate interview email account with your first initial and last name.

Not trying to play Dad here.....just wanting to make people aware. Some don't think the contact address matters.

For the last six months, I've always had one stretch of a minimum of 5 days off a month in a row, the last two months, I've had 8 day stretches, and that's without swapping. I commute to the U.S. And it's a pain in the ass. I would not suggest commuting at all as it's expensive and if you miss a flight, you are screwed. Management won't care if you got bumped and if you call in sick due to it, better not be traveling on an EK flight or using your E-Gate card, because they do check. Not to mention, at least for the U.S. flights, loads are heavy. In January I couldn't make it home due to loads on my days off. If you are coming here to commute, I would suggest that there are better contracts at other carriers than Emirates.

Emirates US Roadshows. If you attend and fill out the expression of interest form you will more than likely get an interview if you meet the requirements. If you are on the 50 seat CRJ...all you need is 1 hour in the 70 to meet the requirements.

11th July 2011 -- New York -- Doubletree Hilton JFK Airport Hotel -- 10:00 am
12th July 2011 -- Chicago -- Chicago Marriott O'hare Airport Hotel -- 10:00 am
13th July 2011 -- Detroit -- Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel -- 10:00 am
14th July 2011 -- Cincinnati -- Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel -- 10:00 am

So if I have been "shortlisted" a couple weeks ago is it still worth jumpseating to one of these roadshows, or it it pretty certain I will get an interview date?

So if I have been "shortlisted" a couple weeks ago is it still worth jumpseating to one of these roadshows, or it it pretty certain I will get an interview date?

Even if you have been shortlisted, going to the roadshow will afford you the opportunity to meet the individuals who might be interviewing you (which will allow you to see their personalities in advance for when you are face to face in an interview). While at the road show, you will also fill out an expression of interest form with your flight times/email etc on it and those are given A LOT of attention when interviews are being scheduled. Good Luck.

Do they look at 121 turboprop time at all, or are they hard on the 2000 hr jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back