Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
No there's not. I filled out the application, and the drop-down box had CRJ-100/200 as one option and CRJ-700/900 as another option.

That's news to me. Thanks for informing me as I didn't know that change had been made. When my friend applied a couple months ago it was still there and just was CRJ1/2/7/9 while there were other choices for crj200, crj700 in singular as well. Thanks again.

Flyer,

If you want to work for a premiere airline I'd suggest that you change your avatar. You might also consider scrubbing Facebook, Myspace, etc.

Don't you love unsolicited advice? I know I do.

For you guys with Turboprop time, be patient. EK just announced internally the roll out of a worldwide ab-initio/cadet program. This was previously reserved for UAE citizens; maybe GCC citizens, not positive.
The looming pilot shortage is a fallacy in the U.S., but it's real in the Mideast and Asia. Every carrier in this part of the world has a lot of jets on order. Eventually they will have to give up some these silly requirements about the size of airplanes you have flown in the past.

Best of Luck,
The Pig

Sonic,
Please check your facts on the "EK" ab initio program. It's the EAC and has no ties to EK proper.

Sonic,
Please check your facts on the "EK" ab initio program. It's the EAC and has no ties to EK proper.

Overseas is right, there is no tie to EK at all. This is a roughly $160,000 program with no guarantee of a job at the conclusion just like Riddle or any other training program.

Incidentally, Emirates hit up Qantas for some of its pilots for a 3 year period to come here as FO's. Apparently, up to 120 or so will be allowed to leave Qantas with rights to return if they so desire. I believe that the 30 ton vs 10 ton rule have discouraged a lot of US regional pilots from applying. Why waste the time filling out such an extensive application if you are not going to get called, right?

In all seriousness, if you are at a US regional and are flying a JET and want to come here...PUT IN AN APPLICATION.

Flyer..congrats on the eval...when you make it to Dubai PM me.

Re-post from last month. Starts tomorrow.

Emirates US Roadshows. If you attend and fill out the expression of interest form you will more than likely get an interview if you meet the requirements.

11th July 2011 -- New York -- Doubletree Hilton JFK Airport Hotel -- 1000 am
12th July 2011 -- Chicago -- Chicago Marriott O'hare Airport Hotel -- 1000 am
13th July 2011 -- Detroit -- Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel -- 1000 am
14th July 2011 -- Cincinnati -- Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel -- 1000 am

Directly from the website. No PIC time needed, just an ATP:

To join Emirates as a commercial pilot, candidates must have a minimum total of 4,000 hours and 2,000 multi-engine jet hours, OR, or a total of 2,500 hours on a modern commercial multi-engine, multi-crew jet aircraft. (Please note that we do not accept simulator time in lieu of flying hours). Additional requirements include ICAO ATPL and ICAO English Level 4 or above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back