Embry Riddle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mcjohn said:
I jog everyday because I'm paranoid of just such a situation. I have a little over 400 hrs and I went ahead and got my 1st class med. just to be sure (thinking they'd hook me up to an EKG but they didn't, not till your 35 doc said.)
Ya... why don't you look up Jim Fixx and see just how preventive that is.

There's a lot of good info on this thread for potential students. I fall into the category of "shoulda known better" guys. There are better ways of accomplishing your dreams of aeronautical bliss than to plunk down 100 grand (prob more now) and turn into a bitter pissed off low time pilot. Which ERAU can make you!

My personal advice would be listen to the state school guys. An FBO will get you the same tickets (in a hell of a lot less money too). Riddle wanted something like 5 G's for their MEI program. WTF? I did it for 800 bucks over a weekend at one of the FBO's. And the best part of going to a state school (aside from the girl/guy ratio)... no flight team geeks to fag up the classes.

Last edited:
gkrangers said:
Yeah right, 1/3 for your flight ratings? No way.
I did the Riddle extended campus deal and graduated in '98. I received 36 credits for my ratings and flight experience when I hit 1000 PIC. I had everything thru MEI at the time. Not 1/3 but pretty close. 126 credits to graduate. I did zero flying through Riddle.

I'm on campus and I doubt they would give me a damn thing for PPL through CFI.
Slice121 said:
I did the Riddle extended campus deal and graduated in '98. I received 36 credits for my ratings and flight experience when I hit 1000 PIC. I had everything thru MEI at the time. Not 1/3 but pretty close. 126 credits to graduate. I did zero flying through Riddle.

Don't go ERAU

If you must waste your money (like I did) and get an aviation degree go to UND, here's my top ten:

1) North Dakota chicks are really hot believe it or not.

2) A lot better parties...real frat parties ( alpha eta rho doesn't count, im sorry)

3) If you become a resident you can get in state tuition, it is way cheaper!

4) North Dakota locals are some of the nicest people on the planet.

5) Much better chance of getting laid on a regular basis, due to much higher chick to dude ratio.

6) Sioux hockey kicks a##!!!

7) Much better chance of getting laid (did I say that already???)

8) Better all around college experience, not quite as many aviation dorks.

9) Get laid every weekend!!

10) Cheaper beer!!!!

Here's a request: would a current Riddle student please post their a/c rates and instruction rates? Then other schools and smaller FBO's can chime in and potential Riddle students can see the real difference!!!

cforst513 said:
Here's a request: would a current Riddle student please post their a/c rates and instruction rates? Then other schools and smaller FBO's can chime in and potential Riddle students can see the real difference!!!
Cessna 172 $ 112.00 $ 160.00
Cessna 172 L-6 (this is a simulator) $ 55.00 $ 100.00
Piper Seminole
$ 215.00 $ 263.00
PA 144 L-6 (seminole sim)
$ 140.00 $ 185.00
Oral $ 48.00

Solo, then Dual obviously. WET RATES.

Last edited:
Is a gas charge as well or is it included??

I goto Louisiana Tech. The flight program there is about 300 strong. Decent program there. The school is smaller, around 11.5k students, and it's in the middle of nowhere. Expect to live on campus, school holds you hostage until you have about 80 hours of college credit. The aviation program here at LA Tech may change a good bit in the coming year, our asshole dean is leaving. The biggest issue we have is....NO MULTI PROGRAM. Tech pilot usually go down to Weiser or Hooks in Houston to get their weekend multi.

gkrangers said:
Cessna 172 $ 112.00 $ 160.00
Cessna 172 L-6 (this is a simulator) $ 55.00 $ 100.00
Piper Seminole
$ 215.00 $ 263.00
PA 144 L-6 (seminole sim)
$ 140.00 $ 185.00
Oral $ 48.00

Solo, then Dual obviously. WET RATES.

Dang. Only a few years back, I was paying wet rates in a real plane for what you're paying in the sim. Dang.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back