• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry Riddle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yet another former overpriced college aviation program student here. Went to JU (flight training by DCA) for 3 semesters. Fortunately I got out before I went too far in debt. If I could do it again, first choice would be military, second would be state school with FBO training. People, stay away unless you are getting a hefty scholarship. I wish I had discovered flightinfo.com before I got into that mess.

jaxpilot said:
Yet another former overpriced college aviation program student here. Went to JU (flight training by DCA) for 3 semesters. Fortunately I got out before I went too far in debt. If I could do it again, first choice would be military, second would be state school with FBO training. People, stay away unless you are getting a hefty scholarship. I wish I had discovered flightinfo.com before I got into that mess.

pleasure meetin' ya today, jaxpilot. too bad you couldn't learn the truth sooner....

yeah it was cool meeting a fellow flightinfo.com member for the first time. too bad you couldnt throw me a members discount on those charts i bought! :)

jaxpilot said:

Why military? Lots of people have this misconception that the military is a "flying career". It's nothing like flying commercially where your primary job is to fly an airplane for a living and go home when you're done. I fly tankers in the Air Force and I sit at a desk, answer phones and stare at a computer 4 days a week from 8 to 5. I may do one training flight a week if I'm lucky. If not, it's desk flying 5 days a week. Trust me, it's nothing like I thought it'd be and it sounds like it wouldn't be what you think it is either. It's "officer first", which unforunately encompasses more bullpoop than you can ever imagine. "If I could do it again", I would have applied to the Air National Guard or Reserves for a two or three times a month part-time military flying experience and flew commercially or stayed a CFII for a year or so longer and applied to a regional.

Makes me glad I did it the "easy way". Four years enlisted fixing them, then WOCS and FS to learn to fly them! Got fixed wing pretty fast because thats what I worked on and they thought it would look really cool in Soldiers Magizine when I went back to my old unit as an Officer.

I wouldn't recomend it however.

Go to a real college, drink a bit, get laid by a variety of accents, then depending on the war situation you might think about military avenues to build up time (or regardless of the war situation if you are patriotic, brave or crazy/ check one.)

Going2Baja said:
What was the name of the pizza joint with peanuts on the floor? It was $1 Newcastle on Tuesday maybe....Another fun place. Close to Walmart or Target - I forget.

Not sure where that is. What street was it on?

hey guys, another Riddle grad here. From ERAU prescott class of 2004. Currently working as the sole flight instructor out of Flagstaff's Wiseman Aviation. Just stoppin by to say hello.

Eric

Dude go to a real school that offers aviation. Chase women and tell them you are a pilot, that always works!!! Why do pilots talk about women in the airplane and airplanes when they are with women? Anyway...the point being If you go to riddle you will be talking about the chess club or something while you are flying while every other pilot in the world are chasing a$$ you will be talking airplanes!!! Dude being a Pilot is a career choice not a lifestyle. The quicker you realize that the better off you will be.

I was a graduate of Ohio U class of 98 and went through the aviation program there. Definitely good times. I'd recommend it.

Latest resources

Back