• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry Riddle students

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be going to Riddle next year for engineering (got really good $$$ to fund it). My CFI seems to share the same sentiments that most of you have, and from what I have seen it is true. I'm training for my IR right now, hopefully I'll be a CFI before too long. I've often thought about teaching at Riddle, and teaching them the way I learned, pilotage & VORs, no GPS allowed. I would probably get fired very quickly.

Highsky is the classic ERAU graduate that gives the school a bad name. I know ERAU graduates are not all like him. Thank God. He just wants to justify all the money he paid for a standard aviation education. The same as he could have obtained at so many other schools and FBO's but at half the price.

Highsky is obviously very impressed with himself, especially his military job. Well that only says what a waste his high priced ERAU education was. He has now just been trained in the military on all the same things he had already paid for once before. His education was a waste because the military taught from basic to his wings as though he knew almost nothing anyway. Plus he's stuck in that job for at least 12 years. I admire his interest in serving our country but ERAU is not a perquisite for military service. He just didn't need a high priced ERAU education to get where he is now. He would have been better of to study business or accounting or engineering or computer something unless he was so weak that he needed the prior flight training to help him get through flight training. Lots of people get through military flight training and have no prior training at all, except for the pertaining that the military provides.

I'm sure that a Dr. Phil would have a field day with HighSky. He has no idea of how far he will fall in life. Dr. Phil would say that all his problems will be personal issues, especially with women and family. (Just look at his bio) Those kinds of problems are the worst kind. And professionally, he'll be flying solo for the rest of his life because his f/o's won't help him. He doesn't think he needs help and besides nobody can help Highsky, he knows it all. He'll never take the advice of a lowly dispatcher, or f/o certainly not a f/a about anything. Again, he know it all that is apparent.

Last edited:
Did you ever wonder.....

If (Some at Riddle) say they are the Harvard of Aviation...

At Harvard, do they say they are the Riddle of Medicine, Law, Science, Education, etc..........?

Yes, I'm kidding....

I really feel sorry for the graduates who went to Riddle, got the education but not the "better than thou" attitude. I have flown with quite a few Riddle graduates that never mentioned Rittle and were very good pilots.

For the childish name calling in some of the posts here .... Both Riddle and non Riddle people are guilty. Shame on you.

JAFI

I know it's not Riddle, but we had a guy that was at Delta Connection come over to our FBO last week. The program is going away, so he decided to switch to us. When the instructor took a look at his log book, he had 52 hours, an had not yet soloed! In that 52 hours was all of his night, hood time, and dual cross countries. The instructor said he was a pretty good pilot and I think soloed him during his second lesson with us. What's up with Delta Connection??? Are their CFIs just trying to load up on the dual?

In a word? Yes.

The aircraft used by that particular Delta Academy facility were pieces of flying garbage too. A friend of mine was flying their Arrow a while back and has the elevator cable bind up on him DURING THE FLARE. I was taking their Seminole up for a jaunt, and when trying to start the engines the primer pump knob CAME OFF IN MY HAND. That thing had 14.8k hours on the airframe. Aren't those things life limited to 15k before they get scrapped?

That thing had 14.8k hours on the airframe. Aren't those things life limited to 15k before they get scrapped?

The Type Certificate Data Sheet (the governing document for an airplane; think of it as the aircraft's birth certificate) for the PA-44-180 and the PA-44-180T lists the airframe life limitation at 14,663 hours for the wing and associated structure.

Aaah. We have an intellectual in our midst.

Report back when you turn 14. Presently you need to grow up a little.

Just to clarify, it was highsky that told westhouston that he had penis envy, and highsky's bio says that he's an assmaster. WestH didn't say anything childish that hadn't already been said to him.

And now back to the action....I need a telestrator.

Hi-sky is right in the same boat. Arrogant and sounds very young...needs to do some growing up.

The Type Certificate Data Sheet (the governing document for an airplane; think of it as the aircraft's birth certificate) for the PA-44-180 and the PA-44-180T lists the airframe life limitation at 14,663 hours for the wing and associated structure.

Wow, I'd be able to sleep a lot better if I hadn't just learned that. But at least that DCA facility is now boarded up. :eek:

Unfortunately both the Riddle pilots I've flown with fit the stereo type to a tee. More confidence than ability. My latest Riddle co-pilot has a tendency to really tick me off. If you don't do something the way he wants he throws a temper tantrum. While I'm sitting in the left seat thinking, WTF is wrong with this kid? It's not that he's any better or worse of a pilot than any of the other 200-300hr co-pilots I've had, it's that he has the attitude that he's a better pilot. He needs to realize that even though I'm not a superior aviator since I didn't go to Embry Riddle, I've been around the block a few times and he needs to accept and respect my experienced decisions. But hey what do I know, I've only got about 20 times the experience he does.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back