• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry Riddle students

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's astounding how those who degrade how things are done at Emry Riddle are quick to point out how much better their way of doing things is.

Generally speaking "unorthodox methods" and "thinking outside the box" are frowned upon in the 121 environment. If you don't believe me, try your own methods on your next PC or LOE. Let us know how it goes. Perhaps Riddle has something going down there.

There are examples of good and bad pilots that come out of any flying program out there, including ERAU.

I've met hundreds from ERAU. Yes, there are a few cases of immature tools, but the vast majority are professional, humble aviators.

Particularly for those of you who haven't stepped foot on a Riddle campus, who are you to judge? By bashing Riddle, are you saying that your background, life choices, and aeronautical prowess is superior? Who's the arrogant tool now? It's hypocritical, and quite frankly it reeks of penis envy.

Grow up, and get over it.

Last edited:
There are examples of good and bad pilots that come out of any flying program out there, including ERAU.

I've met hundreds from ERAU. Yes, there are a few cases of immature tools, but the vast majority are professional, humble aviators.

Particularly for those of you who haven't stepped foot on a Riddle campus, who are you to judge? By bashing Riddle, are you saying that you're background, life choices, and aeronautical prowess is superior? Who's the arrogant tool now? It's hypocritical, and quite frankly it reeks of penis envy.

Grow up, and get over it.

I don't think I have penis envy of a kid in torn up jeans and Luke Duke hair under his sideways baseball cap thats scared of steam gauges. And arrogance? I guess that came when you got your "ass master" rating...

WestHouston,

I suspect your problem is as follows:

As an enlisted man in the military, you developed resentment of many of the officer aviators. Some of those guys are particularly arrogant, and abuse power. Those types make a huge bad impression on the Enlisted. I know; I've seen many military prick pilots. They're people you never forget. (I've seen mostly very good officer aviators though).

For whatever reason, you're not a military pilot. Perhaps by choice, or perhaps because you had no choice. Doesn't matter.

You've always loved airplanes; I can't blame you for that. You've long aspired to fly for a living. So, you decided to pursue it as a civilian, because for whatever reason, you couldn't do it in the military. I doubt that you had much choice, because no sane person would choose the life of a "CFI at a lowly FBO," over a well-paid military pilot flying state-of-the-art equipment.

Then, much to your dismay, you discovered a "perceived" hierarchy in civilian aviation, much like the military. You tried to escape the inequities of the military, only to find yourself in a similar situation of civilian inequity, only with much less pay and QOL. This hierarchy, however, exists solely in your head, due to your own feelings of inadequacies. Unlike the rare ERAU tool that you love to showcase, most ERAU grads are humble professionals, and don't consider themselves better than others. I've met many, many more than you have Pal.

So now, in your world, you gain solace in degrading others who have done the best they could in life to make good education decisions that are good for them. This doesn't make them the tool; it makes YOU the tool. Be proud of your own decisions and abilities. Subconsciously, you obviously are not. Moreover, don't resent a guy for going to ERAU. It's a damn good school. Otherwise, in the end, you just end up looking like a bitter child.

Good luck with your career.

Sincerely,

Dr. Phil

WestHouston,

As an enlisted man in the military, you developed resentment of many of the officer aviators. Some of those guys are particularly arrogant, and abuse power. Those types make a huge bad impression on the Enlisted. I know; I've seen many military prick pilots. They're people you never forget. (I've seen mostly very good officer aviators though).

For whatever reason, you're not a military pilot. Perhaps by choice, or perhaps because you had no choice. Doesn't matter.

You've always loved airplanes; I can't blame you for that. You've long aspired to fly for a living. So, you decided to pursue it as a civilian, because for whatever reason, you couldn't do it in the military. I doubt that you had much choice, because no sane person would choose the life of a "CFI at a lowly FBO," over a well-paid military pilot flying state-of-the-art equipment.

Then, much to your dismay, you discovered a "perceived" hierarchy in civilian aviation, much like the military. You tried to escape the inequities of the military, only to find yourself in a similar situation of civilian inequity, only with much less pay and QOL. This hierarchy, however, exists solely in your head, due to your own feelings of inadequacies. Unlike the rare ERAU tool that you love to showcase, most ERAU grads are humble professionals, and don't consider themselves better than others. I've met many, many more than you have Pal.

So now, in your world, you gain solace in degrading others who have done the best they could in life to make good education decisions that are good for them. This doesn't make them the tool; it makes YOU the tool. Be proud of your own decisions and abilities. Subconsciously, you obviously are not. Moreover, don't resent a guy for going to ERAU. It's a damn good school. Otherwise, in the end, you just end up looking like a bitter child.

Sincerely,

Dr. Phil

Nice try doc. But like I said previously, I don't envy anyone that tells me they went to the "harvard" of flight schools but cant shoot an NDB approach.

And your little analogy of my "bitterness" towards officers and/or military pilots is ridiculous at best. The choices I've made in life are mine and I've done everything I have set out to do in it. I was in the Coast Guard and was a boarding officer and a coxswain which I joined specifically to be. I left after my enlistment as I entended to even with an offer to OCS. I decided to be a pilot six months before I separated and used my benefits to pay for my ratings. I'm a flight instructor at an FBO because I choose to be. This is where I plan on paying my dues and drilling holes in the sky in ratty 152's with Indian students until I can move up.

You see, I went to a flight school that prided themselves on being "the best" and the "key to the air lines" and all the other slick brochure koolaid sales pitches. I chose a mom and pop FBO because I think it makes me and my students better pilots. I'm not afraid of crosswinds past the "demonstrated" ones in the POH. I know that really dirty mags are no big deal. And that I don't need shiny paint and a pretty color GPS to babysit me so I know I don't bust class B airspace.

So, again, nice monologue but I did choose life at a lowly FBO over being well paid and flying million dollar aircraft. So I guess I'm insane.

I'm sure most ERAU guys are fine. It's just the one I've met doesn't represent your fine Ivy League flight school very well. Perhaps you should have realized that when you read my question, I was venting about a dewsh and not taken it so personally.

Maybe you resent poor people that get thier time at little flight schools, flying junky aircraft yet get the same jobs as you? That can't be fair, right? All that extra money should have bought you something right?

Then again, I'm not Dr. Phil.

WestHouston,

Sincerely,

Dr. Phil

And this sneering, condescending twaddle is a prime example of *EXACTLY* why the majority of well adjusted pilots despise riddle rats.

I don't think I have penis envy of a kid in torn up jeans and Luke Duke hair under his sideways baseball cap thats scared of steam gauges. And arrogance? I guess that came when you got your "ass master" rating...

Aaah. We have an intellectual in our midst.

Report back when you turn 14. Presently you need to grow up a little.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back