Embraer 190 comparable pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughed dude said:
I left Jetblue, mainly from this issue. After all the bitching, after all the pocket sessions, David, Dave, and little Dave (Bushy) said tough luck. In order for us to make money, we need to pay trash wages to our people. How 'bout them values boys?

And what really got me is that people like some of you guys bought it. Amazing! Lets work for half wages so Jetblue can make money. Why not work for free? We don't care about a retirement, we got those stock options! Worth alot now for the numbers 500 and higher, huh?

Some of you wonder why you get denied jumpseats and the like.... I know it isn't supposed to be a political tool, but it was a slap in the face to the industry. I know I caught slack as a commuter and normally just paid nonrev charges to my furloughed carrier to not have to deal with it...
Don't get me wrong, there are some great guys there. But there are quite a few morons that seem to be just happy to have a job and would gladly work for less...

Lemmme guess.....furloughed USAir?

PHXFLYR:cool:

filejw said:
Just dropped my parents and a son off at BOS to fly Jet Blue and got my first look at a EM190.Nice airplane but boy's 100 seat A/C used to pay $160 an hr.We,collectively better get our S##t together or it won't be worth coming to work.My brother the sales guy $250,000.Sister a VP at a Fortune 50 corp $300,000.And I'm the brain in the family.
Well if you're such a "brain" why are you doing this for a living?:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

All:

I don't get what the problem is.....those of you who don't like the payscale at JB sure are vocal about it. And you state that you can't believe that we would whore ourselves out for such an outfit.....

Yet, all airlines are cutting pay and benefits and in some cases to worse levels. Do you all keep coming to work and doing the job? I expect the answer is yes. Otherwise, all these ALPA guardians of the profession wouldn't keep undercutting each other for the flying, quick upgrade, and parachute out to better things.

Get off your high horse. If you don't like the pay and benefits, then quit and go somewhere else. I suspect you will never apply. That is JB's gain.

A350

PHXFLYR,
Cause at 58 I'm on the way out.It's up to you young guys to fix this business. I've already made mine.

filejw said:
PHXFLYR,
Cause at 58 I'm on the way out.It's up to you young guys to fix this business. I've already made mine.

And who's says ALPA eats it's young. Way to look out for your brothers. Look at the average age of the Legacy airline pilot and tell me what is wrong with that.

SUNDOWN said:
Uppercrust if that isn't you I would start worrying.

Nope, it's not him. I happen to know who the guy in the picture really is, and I'm sure he won't be happy when I call him and let him know that someone is using his picture without permission and spouting all kinds of crap. Seems like a great defamation of character lawsuit to me. Watch your back, Uppercrust.

PCL_128 said:
Nope, it's not him. I happen to know who the guy in the picture really is, and I'm sure he won't be happy when I call him and let him know that someone is using his picture without permission and spouting all kinds of crap. Seems like a great defamation of character lawsuit to me. Watch your back, Uppercrust.

You're right it's not good what has happened with the pictures of the GIA pilots in the last days. What began as fun with Ty Webb and the other Airtan guys fighting it out in the sandbox has gotten a little out of hand.

In terms of spouting crap, it seems to be the other people posting on this board who are spouting insults about PFT and the like. Some folks need to get a thicker skin.

I used the avatar a few days ago to see if I could get the Rhoid guy worked up. Well it worked. Shortly after I posted with that picture, he practically went nuts and started posting every other minute to include starting spam threads. It was almost like I was stealing his thunder. Funny at first but really not. By the way, I've gotten some PM's from some folks saying the guy is a pretty funny dude. Based on that smile I would agree.

You guy's completely misunderstand.What I'm saying is its up to you younger people to make things better.Up the pay standards so they compete with other professions.
And the meaning of I've got mine is I've completed my working life.

Latest resources

Back