Embraer 190 comparable pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr Hat said:
Whoever is being paid the least will always be accused of dragging the industry down. United did LOADS to benefit the profession in the 90's as did Delta then unfortunatly they had to give it all back and now it doesn't really matter. The way we do things in this industry is pattern barganing so BlueBayou has a point. I would say that United is setting the bar for airline management to shoot for. Uniteds fault? No, just the way it is. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Hopefully the pattern will start going the other way again in the next few years.

Right. If you work for a Legacy, don't let up on those scope clauses no matter what.

Even with UAL's paycuts I don't think you can argue that JBlue is doing any better. Ual pilots have a hefty B plan and a defined contribution of 15%.

The whole reason UAL's pay is where it is at is due to management wanting their costs to be in line with the Jblue's of the industry. They aimed for a total labour cost equal to the LCC's. So they have not "lowered the bar" as Blue Bayou states. They have conceded wages to bring themselves down to the level of the LCC's.

Come on man, Jetblue was around for a year before UAL took paycuts. A year. At the time United was paid more than SWA, so why isn't SWA dragging the industry down? (Probably because a 12 year SWA Captain makes more than most Heavy drivers out there) Airtran was around for longer too and their pay is just about the same as Jetblue. This whole thing about who's dragging the industry down is silly. You get what you negotiate and what the market will bear. Jetblue isn't the evil empire. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if one day Jetblue is one of the heavy hitters out there one day. Pay rates flip all over the place, todays lowest maybe tommorrows highest.

Mr Hat said:
Listen here Sheldon, Prehaps you should re-read my post and try to stay 3 steps ahead of the point. I currently work for the highest paid regional out there and we worked for it, so don't be pointing your little finger at me...I'd suggest re-stowing it back in your anus for safe keeping.

It's more important to get the 170/190's on legacy property than it is to fix the pay on those aircraft. Once they are being flown by another pilot group like say, GULFSTREAM, the Legacy guys no longer have control over it. It also stops massive furloughs at the majors. In this regard, Jetblue is light years ahead of any ALPA MEC.

Whoever is being paid the least will always be accused of dragging the industry down. United did LOADS to benefit the profession in the 90's as did Delta then unfortunatly they had to give it all back and now it doesn't really matter. The way we do things in this industry is pattern barganing so BlueBayou has a point. I would say that United is setting the bar for airline management to shoot for. Uniteds fault? No, just the way it is. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Hopefully the pattern will start going the other way again in the next few years.

Right. If you work for a Legacy, don't let up on those scope clauses no matter what.

An attitude like that will get you no where. I didn't realize you worked for Jetblue?

Uppercrust,

You've been a lot more vocal lately now that you can't post as commuterpuke anymore.

Grow up kid.

Uppercrust: It's obvious that's not your photo in your avatar. If the real owner decides to investigate the matter you could wind up on the nasty end of a civil suit. FYI.

If things hadn't gone to crap at the legacies, JB would have trouble getting qualified people. As it is, they and SWA, FEX, UPS and AT are making money so that's where people want to be.

The whole world has changed. ALPA started things downhill by not fighting for...well, anything. Sure, UAL and Delta had good contracts. FEX does now. Does that mean things are ok? ALPA kept casting off the smaller guys and pumping up the big boys until there were no big boys left (except FEX).

JB is not paid enough. AirTran is not paid enough. Until ALL airline pilots are united (really united not just wearing the same lapel pin) no one will have good pay, benefits and job security.

It will be a long, hard road to recover what we have lost, no, given away.TC

Just dropped my parents and a son off at BOS to fly Jet Blue and got my first look at a EM190.Nice airplane but boy's 100 seat A/C used to pay $160 an hr.We,collectively better get our S##t together or it won't be worth coming to work.My brother the sales guy $250,000.Sister a VP at a Fortune 50 corp $300,000.And I'm the brain in the family.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back