Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB175 Coming to A-Tech … a carrot on a stick?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was an e170 demo in the mid 2000s at Asa when we were still owned by dal.

1) Expect SkyWest Inc to but the new 175s with the new engines otherwise Jerry is not interested. 2)The MRJs is dead. The deal signed was just a ploy. Jerry had no intentions of buying them.

The mgr of aircraft ops at xjet is in sgu working on mrj program development. It may end up a ploy, but now it's a developing program.

The mgr of aircraft ops at xjet is in sgu working on mrj program development. It may end up a ploy, but now it's a developing program.

Yes, but what is the status of the MRJ program itself? I had an FAA MX inspector on the jumpseat from Nagoya, Japan (where the MRJ will be built) to Honolulu and he said the program over there was "interesting." What does that mean? Good question. I'm looking forward to looking at pictures of the initial test flight and seeing what that thing can do. Let's hope that happens sometime in the next few years......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Why didn't YOU ask him what he meant by "interesting" putz! You know, beings you're attempting to stir it up huh.

Why didn't YOU ask him what he meant by "interesting" putz! You know, beings you're attempting to stir it up huh.

I did. That's all I can say. I wish you guys the best! Good luck with the new jet, I bet it will be awesome, eventually.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I did. That's all I can say. I wish you guys the best! Good luck with the new jet, I bet it will be awesome, eventually.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why would you care about the MRJ?

Jenny doesn't care, she's just trying to stir things up. Typical of her to make a useless and uninformative comment about something. PUTZ!

Why would you care about the MRJ?

Hmmmmm. REALLY? Why would I care about an order for a totally new jet (untested yet.....) that really hasn't been assigned yet to an airline for feed, unless SkyWest wants to go Indy Air? Who doesn't care about that? Sounds like a very interesting operation, or a complete Cluster F. I can't wait to watch how this plays out. Why would anyone go for a totally untested airplane from a manufacturer that really doesn't build airliners yet? It must have been REALLY CHEAP. Oh well, I hope it works out for them....

Maybe Freebrd is holding out going somewhere else (can't do it anyway thanks to wasted years in Vietnam flying SIC....?), in the hopes that he can see his long lost love, Dahni? Maybe IT will fly up to Nagoya to see him ferry the planes back to SGU..... Now that is TRUE love....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Jenny doesn't care, she's just trying to stir things up. Typical of her to make a useless and uninformative comment about something. PUTZ!

Making things up? Go look up where the manufacturer is trying to build the thing, and try to think of pre certification, and all of the things the FAA would have to look at, at each stage of production, for it to be certified. Then, look at a route map and see if an FAA guy could jump to HNL from there, and then back to the US. (he could have also gone nonstop to DTW from there too, but I think he wanted a few sunny days in Paradise) When you're done with all that, call up Dahni and cry to it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hmmmmm. REALLY? Why would I care about an order for a totally new jet (untested yet.....) that really hasn't been assigned yet to an airline for feed, unless SkyWest wants to go Indy Air? Who doesn't care about that? Sounds like a very interesting operation, or a complete Cluster F. I can't wait to watch how this plays out. Why would anyone go for a totally untested airplane from a manufacturer that really doesn't build airliners yet? It must have been REALLY CHEAP. Oh well, I hope it works out for them....

Maybe Freebrd is holding out going somewhere else (can't do it anyway thanks to wasted years in Vietnam flying SIC....?), in the hopes that he can see his long lost love, Dahni? Maybe IT will fly up to Nagoya to see him ferry the planes back to SGU..... Now that is TRUE love....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Calm down, boys.

At one time, Airbus was a totally untested manufacturer, with totally untested airplanes. At one time, Canadair was a untested manufacturer, with totally untested airplanes. I can keep going back the days of Boeing and Douglas, if I cared to.

The thing is, anytime there's a new entrant, it's gauranteed that there's uncertainty, but you know what? Even established and enviable companies can make products that are utter disasters from time to time. Prime example are the Comet and L-188. They nearly doomed their manufacturers, but they still managed to pull through.

Also, it's not like the Mitsubishi hasn't built airliners before. They have. It's just that no one remembers that they did. Lockheed hasn't built a large transport in a good while, and they haven't built an airliner in 30 years, but I doubt they'd have trouble hopping back into the game.

Anyhow, my basic point is this: Let things play out. If ******************** happens, then it happens, but there's no need to doom something before it even becomes reality based simply on hearsay and conjecture.

Latest resources

Back