Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB175 Coming to A-Tech … a carrot on a stick?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I checked out the E-175 on the Embraer website. I don't think I want to go back school and be responsible for this mainline plane for what- five more dollars per hour? If I could bid the -700 and avoid the -900 altogether, I would.

1) Expect SkyWest Inc to but the new 175s with the new engines otherwise Jerry is not interested. 2)The MRJs is dead. The deal signed was just a ploy. Jerry had no intentions of buying them.

1) Expect SkyWest Inc to but the new 175s with the new engines otherwise Jerry is not interested. 2)The MRJs is dead. The deal signed was just a ploy. Jerry had no intentions of buying them.

That was my theory. Just some maneuvering to hopefully get Embraer to offer better terms.

Does anyone think Bedford is showing off CRJ900s to RAH employees?

Looks like this a sign of why the AMR flying was lost. Mainline carriers want the E jets.

And I know someone will mention the Delta 40 900s, which was solely because the deal included returning the CRJ200s

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

American flying was not lost, only one small award of 43 aircraft--leaving about 257 more to go. How do you know Inc even bid on what Republic was awarded? Brad Rich mentioned in the earnings call, that there were some very specific issues in that award that favored Republic only.

As far as American awards, with the merger, there will be close to 300 aircraft in this seat range that will be allowed. NO ONE CARRIER will get it all. There are only about 2 carriers in the game that have the financial resources to play. INC is one of them. Be assured, they will not bid on any flying that they cannot make money on. Repulic has some history of bidding on flying that does not make money. That's one of the major flaws that Pinnacle made and why they failed.

Inc, (including Skywest Airlines and ExpressJet) will obtain all the business they want between American and United. But, Inc want get it all.

E-175s are in INC's future. You will see evidence in the near future.

Last edited:
Its in SGU at OO headquarters today... If they wanted to show it to OO pilots SGU IS NOT the place... Its just a sales tour.

With all due respect, OO pilots don't write the check, OO headquarters does.

INC will be purchasing these aircraft in the future. The timing is ripe--a hungry manufacturer with few orders on the book, willing to negotiate the right price; and a Corporation with an excellent financial position poised to capture abundant opportunities! It doesn't get any better than that.

We work for a Corporation that manages their business entities well. They would be successful in any business and in any industry. This is evidenced by the success they have enjoyed in the regional airline industry--one that has a high mortality rate.

I approve this message! Agreed; it's all about leverage and creating it when you can.

I don't think so at all. They've mentioned before that they don't want to throw all of their eggs in one basket.

When was the last time? I've been here 5 years and never saw or heard of a demo at A Tech.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

what a carrot stick you are, this Co is over 30 years old, and justvabout all the planes swing by the office, 5 years and you know all the past history huh, I think not

Latest resources

Back