Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB175 Coming to A-Tech … a carrot on a stick?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mtsupilot376

happy to be alive
"When we talk about competition in the regional airline space, we’re typically talking about ExpressJet’s position compared to our regional peers; but there’s a whole other arena of competition that involves our suppliers, and airframe manufacturers are among the biggest. Bombardier and Embraer are household names around ExpressJet since we’ve operated both for years, but just as ExpressJet is working to become a more attractive partner to mainline carriers, airframe manufacturers are showing off what they can do for regional carriers.

This week Embraer’s sales team is flying around the country on one of their EMB175s and will be making a stop at ATL on Friday, Feb. 15 to show it off. They’ll be rolling out the red carpet and sharing refreshments at A-Tech between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., so anyone interested in taking a look should stop by. They’ll be doing a demo flight around 1:30 p.m. and those who visit the hangar between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. will be entered to participate in that. If nothing else, this is a good opportunity to see what some of our own competitors are flying and what could be part of the fleet of the future for the regional airline industry. As always, family members are invited along to take a look, too."

Thoughts…

Any pilot that shows up to see this is a fool.

Just walk another 100 feet and you can see an AirTran 737 in maintenance....waaaaay cool

Last edited:
Ask the Comair guys about the time the E 170 showed up outside the trailer at CVG! Promises...all of them empty. If you guys take a pay cut look at the jet you can fly.

Just to refresh your memories...

Last time a new aircraft type was demoed for ASA employees, they had already been purchased. This is a new trend. Don't fall for this.

Does anyone think Bedford is showing off CRJ900s to RAH employees?

Looks like this a sign of why the AMR flying was lost. Mainline carriers want the E jets.

And I know someone will mention the Delta 40 900s, which was solely because the deal included returning the CRJ200s

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Just to refresh your memories...

Last time a new aircraft type was demoed for ASA employees, they had already been purchased. This is a new trend. Don't fall for this.

When was the last time? I've been here 5 years and never saw or heard of a demo at A Tech.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

The demonstrator is going to be at SGU the day before. This is just EMB being a traveling saleman, just like they were with the E-190 back in 205/6. Nothing of note here. Move along.

If you're lucky, they might even take a select number of people up for a ride. (By the way, I still have the bag of goodies that they gave people who came out to take a look.)

Latest resources

Back