• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB 170 today at CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys just dont get it...look at those northwest pay scales and then the chataqua ones....northwest is LOOSING money in this economy and you are MAKING money...why are you gonna settle for those payrates? for the "fun" of flying a 70 seat jet? you keep saying that you need to keep your company profitable in this economy and allow for growth...ok...how much did your company MAKE this year?? how much did your management MAKE this year? how much of a BONUS did your mangement take this year? think about this and then ask yourself if you deserve to make (on average) 70k a year to fly a 70 seat jet (it may seem like good money now....think ahead 4-5 years..it wont seem like that much then)....you need to raise the bar..they CAN afford to pay you guys a LOT more and STILL make money.

pilotrun

"You show me an airline that is losing money and has great morale! You can't cause there isn't one."

true,,but airtran southwest, and jetblue make money (just likeyour company does) and they have good morale (just like you state your company does)..BUT pilots at those carriers make good money!

" didn't get into this profession to get rich, I do it because I LOVE IT! "

go flght instruct or get another job...the rest of us feel we deserve a good payrate (you know...maybe own a house, drive a nice car, have a familiy with some financial security, not have to work our butts off to pay the bills)..i love my job too but i certainly dont feel we are comepensated properly for our job..the ONLY way to raise the bar is to be unified (all airline pilots) and raise the bar on salaries.

PilotRon said:

Why do you think CHQ is making money?

Because they tread on the backs of their employees and hold the threat of alter ego carriers over your head like a club. Same as any other regional airline.

PilotRon said:

I came to CHQ because of the great attitude by the employees.

Riiiight. You went to CHQ because they hired you first. I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.

PilotRon said:

If you check the bulletin boards you will see that CHQ pilots complain less than anyone else.

A bulliten board??? Now there is scientific evidence.

PilotRon said:

Why, because they are at a profitable company.

At those payrates it would be hard to be anything other than profitable.

the ONLY way to raise the bar is to be unified (all airline pilots) and raise the bar on salaries.

Go post that junk somewhere else. Appearantly, CoEx and Eagle pilots, I'm guessing MECH and 145EXR, don't get it. That is the sick spiral I'm talking about. Should we be compensated more? Certainly. However, this is still a competitive business, and until there is one aircarrier in America, free market rules. It's true about the WalMart philosophy. You could keep it real, and buy from those small business. As much as you bitch about your $$, I doubt you would. If you could walk into a store and pay $6 for the same item you could get at WalMart for $3, 9/10 times you'll pay $3, unless you are in dire straits.

look at those northwest pay scales and then the chataqua ones....northwest is LOOSING money in this economy and you are MAKING money...why are you gonna settle for those payrates?

Sounds like you answered your own question.

airtran southwest, and jetblue make money (just likeyour company does) and they have good morale (just like you state your company does)..

Thanks for the complement. Usually we just think of our selves as bottom-feeders. However, since we are measured with Eagle, AWAC, Mesaba, Mesa, ASA, and ComAir, however, our 60+ pay is higher than all of them(on airplanes we don't have). They have, and are currently operating 60+ seat AC, and all their pay is lower than our proposed rates. Who's the sell out? Please tell me CHQ, seeing as we have about half the pilots and aircraft of any of them. I appreciate the fact that our tiny company controls the destiny of the industry. It will do our pilot group good to hear that.

P.S. Since we are so esteemed in the industry, next time I'm running late and you're ahead of me, it would be right nice of ya'll to tell approach you could take a vector so CHQ can be #1 for the field. Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Last edited:
Some folks around here seem to think that a company should value your salary over their profit. That is a ridiculous proposition. Just because they have millions in the kitty at the end of the year doesn't mean the employees are entitled to split it amongst themselves. Do you realize that if you demand that a company give you their profits, they will eventually realize the futility of remaining in business and put you out of a job?

A company should pay the lowest wage at which they will have enough employees to run the company successfully. That's how you make profit: By paying as little as you can and charging as much as you can. That's why Southwest has always made money.

In the long run, you can't escape supply and demand, no matter what union represents you. There will always be a lot of pilots willing to work for less than $150 an hour. If you don't like it, find a job for which there is a smaller supply of qualified labor.

Ok here is where the CHQ pilots TA is very very good. The rates of pay are better than what we had, but here it comes:

THE CONTRACT IS ONLY FOR 4 YEARS!!!!

After that we re-evaluate the state of the aviation community and go from there. + we can open negotiations 6mo. before end of contract.

Who else these days has a 4-year deal??????

We got screw*ed at Skywest. We only got an 18 month contract.

Bluecanoe,

Thanks for the complement, putting CHQ with that group and all. Since we are measured with Eagle, AWAC, Mesaba, Mesa, ASA, and ComAir, however, our 60+ pay is higher than all of them.

You might want to check that for the 70 seat rate. I believe ASA and Comair are substantially higher than your new TA.

Sorry rjcapt. I didn't do my own research, just what my union said. See you in DFW

Blue,

I believe there was a link to your TA here somewhere. I recall reviewing the payrates and I would have remembered if your 70 seat rate was higher then Comair or ASA.

Do you have that link to your TA ???

BlueCanoe said:
. However, since we are measured with Eagle, AWAC, Mesaba, Mesa, ASA, and ComAir, however, our 60+ pay is higher than all of them(on airplanes we don't have). They have, and are currently operating 60+ seat AC, and all their pay is lower than our proposed rates.

Ahhhh sorry, but your statement is not exactly accurate with respect to Comair (the others can speak for themselves). The actual numbers are as follows for Captains (since your FO rates are much lower I won't even go there):.

CHQ (60 - 78 seats TA) --------- CMR (70-seat 06/03)

1. 53.55 --------------------------- 1. 63.79

5. 64.35 --------------------------- 5. 72.06

10. 74.96 ------------------------- 10. 85.44

15. 87.28 ------------------------- 11. 99.49

18. N/A 18. 108.71

Your TA does not provide an 18/yr rate until 2005. At that time the comparison is:

18. 99.24 -------------------------- 18. 118.22

I am not criticizing your TA, but to say that your rates are higher than CMR is simply less than accurate. There are also many other direct compensation provisions in your TA that are substantially lower, e.g., premium pay - open time (you have none), displacement protection (you have very little), deadhead 75% vs. 100%, rigs (you have none), etc. Your perdiem is also lower and you have no retirement benefit.

Your new contract may very well be beneficial to you, but it is not at all beneficial to us. It will simply increase the pressure for us to make concessions or result in the transfer of more of our flying to you. I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy, but if we are not cheering, try to understand why.

Best wishes.

Latest resources

Back