Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't told about specific fleets, and truth be told my guy kinda backed up after he said it. One of those you didn't hear it from me type of things. I know rumors have been floating around for months now, but I can say to the best of my knowledge this is legit. I wish I knew for sure though. I have a friend who flies on the XL/XLS and was just recently hired within the last 2 years. If I do hear anymore (even if spoken out of school) I'll post. Certainly if others have more info I think people here might appreciate a further heads up.

Please don't! The last thing people need to hear now is rumors. That is all this is. I am sure you feel your source is reliable, but it is still a rumor.

Everyone at NJA knows the situation. The last thing anyone needs is unprovable rumors. Especially on a public message board.

First of all, any furloughs would be by reverse seniority, regardless of fleet.

Second of all, there are plans for certain fleet disposals-per the CBA. We've done that before, like the CE 650 and Hawker 1000. It's not new nor a secret that the Ultra is aging and in disposal. There may be others, but I believe a move to consolidate and modernize is a good thing in the short and long term.

And finally, there was a name change a number of years ago from EJA to NJA. Again, no secret there. It may be just an oversite, but one has to question the source when they use the wrong/old name.

First of all, any furloughs would be by reverse seniority, regardless of fleet.

Second of all, there are plans for certain fleet disposals-per the CBA. We've done that before, like the CE 650 and Hawker 1000. It's not new nor a secret that the Ultra is aging and in disposal. There may be others, but I believe a move to consolidate and modernize is a good thing in the short and long term.

And finally, there was a name change a number of years ago from EJA to NJA. Again, no secret there. It may be just an oversite, but one has to question the source when they use the wrong/old name.

I missed that one completely. Excellent point. I agree, may be an oversight, but that is the kind of mistake a VP, or someone claiming to know a VP, should not get wrong.

The ATC identifier is still EJA...

What about the Beechjet fleet? Hasn't that thing been a major failure in the NJA system?

The ATC identifier is still EJA...

What about the Beechjet fleet? Hasn't that thing been a major failure in the NJA system?

well aware of that, but normally people don't use callsigns (ATC identifiers included) in conversation or message boards.

My point in all this is: DON'T SPREAD RUMORS! WAIT FOR THE FACTS.

For the record, The Beechjet is a major failure period. ;)

Well obviously Ken Ricci doesn't think that the Beechjet is a failure or he won't be hip deep in this Nextant crap. He is going to make the beechjet into the best thing ever!! LOL

Please don't! The last thing people need to hear now is rumors. That is all this is. I am sure you feel your source is reliable, but it is still a rumor.

Everyone at NJA knows the situation. The last thing anyone needs is unprovable rumors. Especially on a public message board.

Ah....I suggest if your feelings get hurt by rumors, you should avoid public message boards. While rumors may or may not come to fruition, the depth of this one sounds like it has some merit. Perhaps because of it, somebody who is about to hit the street soon may think twice about a big purchase or even get warmed up looking for employment elsewhere.

Ah....I suggest if your feelings get hurt by rumors, you should avoid public message boards. While rumors may or may not come to fruition, the depth of this one sounds like it has some merit. Perhaps because of it, somebody who is about to hit the street soon may think twice about a big purchase or even get warmed up looking for employment elsewhere.

You don't think people who would be affected by a layoff had any idea until reading this? Nobody is buying a bigger house right now that is on the bottom of the list. All people are saying is keep a lid on it until it actually happens or notices actually go out. Just throwing numbers out there isn't helping anybody.

Perhaps because of it, somebody who is about to hit the street soon may think twice about a big purchase or even get warmed up looking for employment elsewhere.

If we have guys/gals so oblivious to the current situation that they are getting "breaking news" from FI.com then they have much bigger problems in life.

Rest assured, our seniority list from top to bottom is well aware of the companies situation and the potential effects on the pilot group.

News about NJA here serves the interest of outsiders and provides no benefit or insight to those of us answering to CMH.

If we have guys/gals so oblivious to the current situation that they are getting "breaking news" from FI.com then they have much bigger problems in life.

Rest assured, our seniority list from top to bottom is well aware of the companies situation and the potential effects on the pilot group.

News about NJA here serves the interest of outsiders and provides no benefit or insight to those of us answering to CMH.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back