• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EJA & FSI deal...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The ultra is the plane to be used for training so far. A syllabus leaked out this week of the program and a few people saw it so at least there is a little info.
Hey Timebuilder and Kenny I've had a run in with AH once, how do you know him and what did you mean by no straight answer?

Sorry I am so late in finishing off my post from above. It's after 10:30 pm now, and I had a teriffic headwind in the Navajo on the way home from Utica. Anyway, I called FSI today, and I found that the Alan I know has recently left FSI, and the voicemail goes to AH's mailbox!!! But I digress....
I sopke to a young lady in the marketing department, and I found that there will be an arangement with EJA to help prospective pilots prepare for FO jobs in the Ultra. The basic info is that FSI will launch a program to provide jet transition training to those who have all their certs, including MEI. When found proficient, those FO candidates will go to EJA for on the job evaluation and experience, and when appropriate will return to FSI for the type rating. I was told that this will effectively circumvent the 2500 and 500 hiring requirement at EJA. My personal sense is that this will create a very long probationary period, and there will no doubt be a substantial charge for this training, and I expect to see a lower pay scale for these hires. On Monday, I expect to get some info on pricing and time period.

In addition, the candidates from the ASA program are now described as working on "advanced airline training", and they are awaiting the word from ASA on when they can begin moving out the pipe again for Atlanta.

As far as not being able to get a straight answer from certain individuals, let's just say it's the FSI version of the Riddle Runaround. Nuff said.

This is what I managed to find out over the last few days:

Firstly, if you don't want to do the smart thing and be an instructor, as time builder mentioned you will be requried to have your CFI, CFII and MEI. Plus, you'll have to pay $11,000 for the training, provided you pass the initial interview with EJA.

Secondly, if you do become an instructor, it's back to the old 800 hours deal. At which time you'll interview with EJA and if you pass, you'll get a conditional offer of employment. You'll then do 35 hours ground school and 10 hours in the citation sim.

If you're already an instructor and have finished with 800 hours you go straight to the interview, followed by the ground school and sim.

There is some time in the ultra and ultra sim, but theses amounts are yet to be decided.

The advanced airline training for ASA students is just a different name for the same training course that was done when ASA was still hiring. Seems there are still some that don't mind parting with a large amount of money to go to an Airline that isn't hiring!!

The only point I'm not sure about is being type rated. I'm not entirely convinced you don't need an ATP to be type-rated in a jet. If anyone knows otherwise then I'll stand corrected. If this is the case then are the instructors going to need ATP mins before moving on??

Time builder, Alan K was a great guy, always made me laugh and it was a pity he moved on.

If I find out anymore I'll let you all know.

thanks...

Thanks to everyone for the good info provided...

Keep it coming if you find anything else out!

Cheers,

Chunk

Hey all, I'm also a student at FSI and I too appreciate all your help with straightening out info from anything you have heard on the line. At this point I would be satisfied flying anything for a career, but EJA has been a goal for me since I started flying in '99. I am just curious as to how they select your domiciles. Is it your preference or do they put where they need you? Also how is the flying life there? I have friends flying for regionals around the country and they said it is very slow. Are things at EJA slow or do they remain the same? Finally one more question, is EJA expecting any growth in the next couple of years? I have heard they have jets on order but when do they expect to start recieving those? Thank you all again for your help and your time. Take care and fly safe.

We choose our gateways by choice not senority. We are getting about 1 plane every 4-7 days. We're hiring about 750 pilots this year.

This isn't a commuter, anybody can shoot an ils. Try going into ASE or even departing from it, it's pretty scary. Things like second segment have a whole new meaning.

Our owners don't want 1500 hour pilots or less flying the planes. They want high time pilots with experience. Not trying to bait you guys but just pointing out the facts.

My advice go out build time scare yourself a bunch working for someone else. When you have 2500 you'll be ready to come here. For now go to CJ Cannon's and watch the planes on a beuitful sunday morning. Remember the econonmy will rebound.

Diesel

Diesel,

If you read my post above, you'll see that I'm as amazed as you. However, all the FSI instructors were told yesterday that all that's needed is an OK from the top man at EJA and everything will start happening.

The chief pilot told us that as it stands, EJA will be taking instructors who've completed 800 hours as an instructor, even if they have less than ATP mins. Students will be able to sign up for the training with 300 hours as long as they have CFI,CFII and MEI. Oh and $11,000!

I think you might be eating those patronising and condescending words a bit quicker than you might have realised!

Well Kenny I'm not going to get into a name calling event. I can tell you that I'm as shocked that it has moved this quickly.

You might think that instructing in the seminole has prepared you for this job but it hasn't. There is a lot more than just sitting in the seat. Passenger safety is number one. Our day changes many times throught the day, being able to be flexible, work as a team, and getting your job done is a major part of this company working.

Comon over though and get bounced from training, it's hard stuff.

Just keep drinking the koolaide, it dulls the senses

Last edited:
OK guys, here's the deal....Both sides will have to wait and see. But, I wouldn't start packing for CMH yet.

These rumors were addressed in a company recurrent class two weeks ago. The word from EJA's Chief Pilot is that the FSI thing is on a very far back burner. Period. I think we also need a clarification that we are talking about EJA, and not meaning EJM. I could see it happening to EJM. To put pilots with less than 2500 hrs, an ATP, and a type rating in one of EJA's airplanes would take the approval of ALL 2000+ owners in the NetJets program.

Flybub,
I’m glad to hear EJA has been your goal. I was in your shoes when EJA got the fractional deal started. Now I’m going on 4 years with them and having a ball. Here are the answer to your questions.

Domiciles, or Gateways as well refer to them, are chosen by you after you finish indoc training. They cannot be assigned, and are not dependent on position or aircraft.

The flying is great most of the time. Never a dull moment. Things have even gotten busier since 9/11/2001. With respect to your regional friends, I would never trade this life for a regional career. There is just no comparison. Different type of flying, different type of perks.

EJA started receiving the aircraft orders 16 years ago. Give or take a few planes, we have about 250 on the EJA side of the company, another 40 with EJI and 80 with EJM. Orders through the next five years are totaling 900+ aircraft. We average a new plane every 5-6 days. Usually including, 1 DA2000, 1 Cit X, and 1-2 XLs per month. Encores and Galaxies begin in Feb ’02 and June ’02. 2004 will see deliveries of Sovereigns, Horizons, and DA2000EXs. We have a long way to go.

Good luck,
EJA Capt

Flybub

I sent you a private message but it got kicked back to me. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** computer

Now that EJACAPT got me in the right direction i just wanted to point out to you what I love about this job.

Our day changed destinations 5 times yesterday

Started off as PBI to santa anna CA

then PBI to jackson hole WY

then PBI to idaho, jackson hole had a blizard

then pax cancelled and will fly the next day

then PBI to CRG to APF to PBI

Pretty cool stuff though

Latest resources

Back