Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Who on here knows about the East side's LOA 93 that was written in 2004? I'm gathering that this LOA goes into effect at the end of this year or mid 2010. When that happens the East pilots will retro back to their old 2004 pay rates.

Supposedly the company is approaching USAPA to get a new contract in place, but given LOA 93 its in the better interest of the East to not do anything but go back to 200k pay scales for 75/76/a330 left seat drivers.

This LOA will encourage the company to be more active in contract negotions while USAPA may choose to choose legal remedise in the courts for "verification."

East pilots also have $10,000 payments coming in 2010 and 2011... Can anyone confirm this?

When that happens the East pilots will retro back to their old 2004 pay rates.

Where is this written? answer, nowhere. LOA93 becomes unfrozen(amendable date 12-31-2009) and a new contract can be negotiated. USAPA is spreading rumors to give some of the dumbbells hope of a a big payday if they're patient, because current contract negotiations are going nowhere. You need to find a better information source than Easties.

Last edited:
I heard USAPA says the sun rises in the East!!!

just curious to see how that statement will be slammed.

Just like all the Easties who say their contract "Expires" at the end of this year. I wish this was true, then the West could go up to East old rates. LOA 93 POS contract only becomes amendable at year's end. USAPA has no leverage!

I know, I know, the west knows best. But I would read the language a little bit, it does raise some interesting questions. If the pay rates were to float until a new agreement was negotiated, why would there be a termination date on the pay freeze?? Whereas everything else in LOA 93 is simply amendable, the pay rates end.

The 10k payments. Well that remains to be seen. There are two, I believe 35 Million dollar payments that must be made, and there hasn't been a decision on how to divide that up. 1st payment 1/1/10 and 2nd 1/1/11. I'm sure the east will be very gracious again and vote to include the west with these payments (as they did their profit sharing monies) seeing how the west supported pay parity

As to the pay rates, I'm not a lawyer, your not a lawyer, neither of us have the negoitating notes, nor the intent behind the language, so neither of us knows what will happen end of year.

The East gave the West part of their profit sharing right off the bad. Crzipilot is right, they're not going to give the West anything else only to be disrespected.

I can guarantee you that if the Pilots on the East revert back to old wages, the company will be in court fighting it.

They did this with the mechanics contract and won.

Never assume a clause in a contract is a good as gold. The company always finds a way out.

As far as pay parity, believe it or not the West wanted the East on equal pay when the merger commenced, management did not. This is there only bargaining tool and management is not going to give it up.

Reference the $35 million: do west pilots actually think they should have a share in that money, since it's part of a concessionary agreement they had no part in?

Oh....wait, I forgot....of course they do! But what did I expect from a group that can't say a simple "thank you" for the profit sharing. Which is funnier still since post merger your bases don't actually produce profits.

Called scheduling lately? I'm going to suggest a change to the automated message: "For PHX and LAS, press one. For all revenue producing bases, press two."

Latest resources

Back