• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EAGLE, SKYWEST or REPUBLIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
135 is not that great, I think you guys have been 121 to long. I'm tired of the night shi%^. I like to know what day time is again. Dose Eagle have a flow through?

Eagle has a flow-through with American that expires May 2007. As it stands the agreement becomes 'null and void' on that date. Whether they will renegotiate the agreement is doubtful.

If you want to flow-through to a major try ExpressJet. They seem to have a less contentious relationship with their major airline partner. I am not even sure that XJT has a flow-through but it seems there is upward movement to CAL over there. Life inside the AMR family gives a new meaning to dysfunctional.

If you're not concerned about upgrade Eagle isn't a bad place to be.

cheers

135 is not that great, I think you guys have been 121 to long. I'm tired of the night shi%^. I like to know what day time is again. Dose Eagle have a flow through?

Avoid Eagle - they have too many AA flowbacks and you won't upgrade for years.... I would go to Republic if you could get on the E170. Skywest will continue to have union (or lack of) issues and the ASA situation there will be acrimonious. Take the 170 and run in my opinion.

If aa ever starts hiring again than the only way eagle pilots will work there is by quiting eagle and then applying at aa off the street the flow through is a joke. Anyway eagle is super short staffed all of our reserves including myself are 80 + hours this month and were losing 15 f.o.s for oct. let the j.m. begin oh wait it already did so I personally am trying my luck at Skywest but if I could get the 170 out of chicago I'd take republic. But thats just cuz i prefer the embraer and chicago's home good luck

As far as pay goes, I believe Eagle 1st year F/O pay at $23.51, with a 75 hr monthly guarantee (reserves). Even with work rules accounted for, that still beats some other airlines that start out at $19.02/hr. That's almost a $5 difference per hour.

Yeah that extra $4.49/hr may look good now, but keep in mind you'll still be making less than 40,000/year as a 7 year FO at Eagle.

REPUBLIC. They are the only US reginal with the 170s plus, everybody wants them. Soon to take over Comairs' delta flying and Expressjets'Continental flying. That would be my bet.

REPUBLIC. They are the only US reginal with the 170s plus, everybody wants them. Soon to take over Comairs' delta flying and Expressjets'Continental flying. That would be my bet.

You should get a copy of CAL's CPA before you spout. You probably don't even know what I'm referring to do you? Pity.

Yeah that extra $4.49/hr may look good now, but keep in mind you'll still be making less than 40,000/year as a 7 year FO at Eagle.

Less than $40K/year as a 7 year FO. Maybe on the prop, but the jet should be able to pull in $40K. I know FO's making less than $38/hr, less than their 7th year, making $40K. Maybe you are assuming only flying the minimum.

Less than $40K/year as a 7 year FO. Maybe on the prop, but the jet should be able to pull in $40K. I know FO's making less than $38/hr, less than their 7th year, making $40K. Maybe you are assuming only flying the minimum.

Whats your point? It is still terrible! Its been two years since i left AE. The sad thing about it is when i left there were people telling me "why are you leaving you will be making less money there." Well i was able to upgrade in a year at skywest and jump straight to 45 an hour. Who is making more now? By the way i also made more money first year at skywest because i wasnt stuck on reserve for a year. The benefits for career progression at skywest are far better.

Latest resources

Back