E170 Cruising speed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uncle said:
The big difference is pay, why pay a captain on the baby 9 $130/hr when you can pay a captain $65 an hour on a 90 seat jet....50% less pay for 10% less seats.

Look out, a young RJ captain is looking for your job at half the rate!

jetflier,

I agree with you. Those kids in the 170 should be ashamed of themselves. They know they are underpaid and don't care. If they had any respect for themselves and their "Profession", they wouldn't be flying for such low pay.

Kids?!? Who do you think flys for Mid Atlantic?

GO AROUND said:
Wasn't trying, it was. You ask a question in that way and you usually get a smarta$$ response.

Oh,I see. I ask a technical question about another aircraft and it prompts you to try to be a smarta$$.

Dork.

aa73 said:
Oh,I see. I ask a technical question about another aircraft and it prompts you to try to be a smarta$$.

Dork.

No, you asked an obvious question and I gave you a smarta$$ answer.

Back in the shed, TOOL.

jetflier said:
E170 drivers,

The NWA DC9 I fly burns 3000 lbs per side during .78 cruise at about FL310!
At FL350 it drops to approximately 2700 lbs per side. So where's the big fuel savings with the E170?

The diesel 9 carries from 100 to 120 pax depending on the model. that's a lot more than the 70 - 90 pax the E170 series carries.

Maybe I just don't have the big picture, after all that's what NWA management keeps telling us............Geesh!

Why do you ask an AA MD88 FO twice about the E170 FF, do you have a developmental problem?

Whilst I readily admit that the E-170 is head-and-shoulders above the CRJ series in terms of cabin volume and passenger comfort, I feel I must come to the defense of the CRJ-700.

For those unfamiliar with some of the differences between 200 and 700, the 700 has a lowered floor and raised windows. This increases the elbow room and eliminates the need to become a yoga artist to look out the passenger windows. Our 700s laid out in the United Express 66-pax, 3-class configuration, are quite comfortable. The 6 first class seats aren't as big as mainline first class seats, but they recline a fair bit, they have those handy folding headrests, and the legroom is excellent. About half the plane is economy plus. Personally, I would much rather ride in economy plus on a 700 during a long flight than in the middle seat of a larger aircraft. Even steerage in the UEX 700 isn't too bad.

So I'm not completely off-topic, normal cruise for us is .77 or .80, though I have seen .84 more than once (and .82/.83 is pretty common) at "go home power." Yesterday we were at FL390 burning 1390 lbs/hr/side and doing .78.

Last edited:
jetflier,

I agree with you. Those kids in the 170 should be ashamed of themselves. They know they are underpaid and don't care. If they had any respect for themselves and their "Profession", they wouldn't be flying for such low pay.

Jetflier......the first E170 in the US were flown by furloughed mainline pilots who agreed to the food stamp wages to fly them!! They didn't have to agree to this! It has caused the down fall of all pay rates.

Sinca3 said:
Jetflier......the first E170 in the US were flown by furloughed mainline pilots who agreed to the food stamp wages to fly them!! They didn't have to agree to this! It has caused the down fall of all pay rates.

The only reason the regionals are flying the 70 seaters and even jets period is because someone voted away their scopes!
You can point the finger all day at us guys flying for regionals. Next time look in the mirror and point, there you will find the true culprit.
We all share some fault.

Last edited:
jetflier said:
E170 drivers,

At FL350 it drops to approximately 2700 lbs per side. So where's the big fuel savings with the E170?

The diesel 9 carries from 100 to 120 pax depending on the model. that's a lot more than the 70 - 90 pax the E170 series carries.

Maybe I just don't have the big picture, after all that's what NWA management keeps telling us............Geesh!

The Avro burns 5000lbs to go .72 with 69 people at FL300

Damn comfy though.

jetflier said:
E170 drivers,

In the 170, at FL350 .78 we burn about 1700 per side.

Latest resources

Back