E170 Cruising speed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aa73 said:
I only use it when dealing with young'uns trying to be smarta$$es...

Wasn't trying, it was. You ask a question in that way and you usually get a smarta$$ response.

aa73 said:
3000lbs/hr per side at FL330, that evening. Our Mach varies by flight plans, usually it varies form a low of M.74 to a high of M.78.

Thanks for the response guys and gals. pretty slick airplane...

E170 drivers,

The NWA DC9 I fly burns 3000 lbs per side during .78 cruise at about FL310!
At FL350 it drops to approximately 2700 lbs per side. So where's the big fuel savings with the E170?

The diesel 9 carries from 100 to 120 pax depending on the model. that's a lot more than the 70 - 90 pax the E170 series carries.

Maybe I just don't have the big picture, after all that's what NWA management keeps telling us............Geesh!

Dangerkitty said:
At AA pilots are paid by the minute. Why go faster when the flight plan goes slower. You are only screwing yourself.

I understand, the CR2 is such a pig if it's hotter than ISA+5 I'm lucky to see .74 let alone cruise at a descent altitude. Winter months it's ok. Our block times are so over done that you'd have to fly .70 to get overblock.

Sorry AA, I couldn't resist the response.

aa73 said:
3000lbs/hr per side at FL330, that evening. Our Mach varies by flight plans, usually it varies form a low of M.74 to a high of M.78.

Thanks for the response guys and gals. pretty slick airplane...

E170 drivers,

The NWA DC9 I fly burns 3000 lbs per side during .78 cruise at about FL310!
At FL350 it drops to approximately 2700 lbs per side. So where's the big fuel savings with the E170?

The diesel 9 carries from 100 to 120 pax depending on the model. that's a lot more than the 70 - 90 pax the E170 series carries.

Maybe I just don't have the big picture, after all that's what NWA management keeps telling us............Geesh!

jetflier,

The big difference is pay, why pay a captain on the baby 9 $130/hr when you can pay a captain $65 an hour on a 90 seat jet....50% less pay for 10% less seats.

Look out, a young RJ captain is looking for your job at half the rate!

Popeye0537 said:
The faster the better in that $hitty crj7....what a crappy ride!

What ride are you talkin about? Up front or in the back? Cause the CRJ is better in both. Embraer had to ruin a great turboprop by turning it into the ERJ.
How do you like wearing those head clamp David Clarkes in the ERJ? Flyin a reconditioned E120 with jets and a swept wing makes for a real quiet and comfortable ride don't it? An airframe that was designed for 280 kts now doing 400+ makes a lot of noise.

I've got stick time in both the erj and the crj, and if you think the crj is superior you're fooling yourself.

Last edited:
the turtle said:
I've got stick time in both the erj and the crj, and if you think the crj is superior you're fooling yourself.

In what aspect? I've got stick time in both as well? You gonna elaborate?

The big difference is pay, why pay a captain on the baby 9 $130/hr when you can pay a captain $65 an hour on a 90 seat jet....50% less pay for 10% less seats.

Look out, a young RJ captain is looking for your job at half the rate!

jetflier,

I agree with you. Those kids in the 170 should be ashamed of themselves. They know they are underpaid and don't care. If they had any respect for themselves and their "Profession", they wouldn't be flying for such low pay.

Latest resources

Back