• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

E-190s at Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every time you open your mouth you show your ignorance. The complete company proposal has been available on the NPA website SINCE OCTOBER 2005!!
You probably don't even have a password, I suppose that's the unions fault also.

I'm refering to the compensation proposal from a few days ago. I'm SURE it is not the same as the Oct. 2005 offer. So who is showing their ignorance? YOU!

Good job of changing my perception with that post. :rolleyes:

Good luck to y'all. Guys like that are like a fungus. They are hard to get rid off and serve no purpose. Rest assured we all have them and in the end you just work around them. A rational person can see many sides of an argument, a company lackey sees only one.

I blame my union for certain tactics they have used, not necessarily for what they are trying to accomplish. NPA stooped to Kolski's level early on in this process. That was a HUGE disappointment. I was extraordinarily hopeful about the new group. I just wish the high road were taken..

You want to talk tactics, OK.

Steve Kolski threatened bodily harm against our prior negotiating chairman, a long time friend of mine and a man of high moral character. Steve also made anti-Semitic remarks directed at Seth Rosen, our outside legal counsel. Management frequently made ultimatums regarding terms they themselves offered and agreed to (remove the negotiating chairman or we rescind all prior offers, remember that one?). And lets not forget the time they gave themselves record bonuses while we gave concessions.

I think we have been taking the high road considering the way they've been behaving.

Why should you stand behind them 100%? Because not doing so is siding with management, hurts our solidarity and ultimately leads to a fractured pilot group who ends up working for $hit wages and work rules.

I'm refering to the compensation proposal from a few days ago. . :rolleyes:

If that's what you ment to say, try saying it. I can't read you mind.

They polled us repeatedly, they know what we expect and what we consider unacceptable. The NPA has been very forth coming with information.

Scheduling was TA'd with certain expectations for compensation. Those expectations were not met, how much more information do you need?

Last edited:
You want to talk tactics, OK.

Steve Kolski threatened bodily harm against our prior negotiating chairman, a long time friend of mine and a man of high moral character. Steve also made anti-Semitic remarks directed at Seth Rosen, our outside legal counsel. Management frequently made ultimatums regarding terms they themselves offered and agreed to (remove the negotiating chairman or we rescind all prior offers, remember that one?). And lets not forget the time they gave themselves record bonuses while we gave concessions.

I think we have been taking the high road considering the way they've been behaving.

Why should you stand behind them 100%? Because not doing so is siding with management, hurts our solidarity and ultimately leads to a fractured pilot group who ends up working for $hit wages and work rules.

All of that is wrong that Kolski did. The threat to remove the Chair was wrong too, although I was not a big fan of some of his behavior and tactics (I do not know him personally, and I have no judgement on him as a person, before you start). Kolski does not belong at the table. But, NPA saying Leonard is basically Lorenzo in the press was equally as bad. I think BOTH sides have taken some pretty childish stances during this process.

Debate is a good thing. Or is dissent Un-American? :rolleyes: Maybe someone will see something that another didn't. Something better. I'm all ears here.

I can't stand behind something 100% when I don't support 100% of what they are standing for, can I? Would you?

We don't currently have $hit wages or ******************** work rules. They could be better, sure, but they could also be a lot worse.

Perhaps my problem is hearing so many CA's that buried themselves in debt and now think they should make $250 an hour to bail themselves out. Maybe I've been tainted by them?

If that's what you ment to say, try saying it. I can't read you mind.

Scheduling was TA'd with certain expectations for compensation. Those expectations were not met, how much more information do you need?

Because the term "disappointing" is an extremely relative term. Does that mean the company offered $100/hr top pay and they were upset, or does it mean the company offered $300/hr and they were upset? Beats me.

All of that is wrong that Kolski did. The threat to remove the Chair was wrong too, although I was not a big fan of some of his behavior and tactics (I do not know him personally, and I have no judgement on him as a person, before you start). Kolski does not belong at the table.

I have delt with Klaus/Kolski numerous times. I've seen Kolski erupt throw a v-file full of blank paper across the room during an arbitration (it was a prop). You can't imaging the mentality and tactics they use unless you've experienced it yourself. The current NPA administration is doing a hell of a job considering the circumstances they are up against and lack of support they are receiving from the line.

Because the term "disappointing" is an extremely relative term. Does that mean the company offered $100/hr top pay and they were upset, or does it mean the company offered $300/hr and they were upset? Beats me.

***CAUTION ASSUMPTIONS ARE ABOUT TO BE MADE***

It probably had little to do with an hourly figure and more to do with rigs/guarantees. For instance, lets assume the NPA agreed to give up the 12hr duty day with the implied understanding of increasing the minimum daily guarantee or increasing the duty rig when they talk compensation. The company, now having a completed scheduling section, wants to keep compensation "CASM neutral" and will not agree to any increases. That's what I ASSUME is going on.

I have delt with Klaus/Kolski numerous times. I've seen Kolski erupt throw a v-file full of blank paper across the room during an arbitration (it was a prop). You can't imaging the mentality and tactics they use unless you've experienced it yourself. The current NPA administration is doing a hell of a job considering the circumstances they are up against and lack of support they are receiving from the line.

The biggest problem with lack of support is the lack of communications. And I don't mean mass emails and the like. I mean the lack of personally returning calls and emails. It gives the members the impression that no gives a crap to take the time to answer them. I've heard the complaint a million times.

SAP II is another issue. They NPA chose to take the automation away and NO ONE I have talked to wanted them to do that. Me included. Again, age 60, you said a representative poll was taken, yet of the last 40 people I have talked to ALL except one are opposed to it. How many were polled? 50? 100? 500? Who knows? Who does it truly represent? I can tell you that it has a lot of people angry.

***CAUTION ASSUMPTIONS ARE ABOUT TO BE MADE***

It probably had little to do with an hourly figure and more to do with rigs/guarantees. For instance, lets assume the NPA agreed to give up the 12hr duty day with the implied understanding of increasing the minimum daily guarantee or increasing the duty rig when they talk compensation. The company, now having a completed scheduling section, wants to keep compensation "CASM neutral" and will not agree to any increases. That's what I ASSUME is going on.

And if that is true, then it SHOULD be rejected. I hate making assumptions though. I prefer to react on facts.

Latest resources

Back