• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

E-190s at Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word is if Midwest deal dies plan C is 2 E190s for every one 717.
Anyone else hear this?

No, nothing mentioned on-line in the A.T.izzLe. Don't we need a place to put the A/C we have on order first?

We're up to probably plan R or S by now, but no havn't heard that one.. I don't think that the 190 gives the ability for a mixed class of service that Airtran touts itself on and does it econimocally. (before anyone jumps on and says that the 190 can be configured in two class seating, notice I said economically, i.e 12 to 16 business class seats not 6-8)

Maybe the 195 is a possibility. Now I do remember reading somewhere that Joe mentioned if the Midwest deal goes through, that they would be looking at larger regional jets for midwest connect maybe in the 70 seat area.

I've always said that this airline will eventually be a 3 or 4 different type aircraft airline.

I think the 100 seat config has 12 seats in the forward cabin, but, they are the same seats as the aft. No more room but you get the two class look.

Why??

We don't need them. We still got 55 737s coming. We got several years before any of the 717s are due for "heavy" maintenance and they don't cost us much.
I know we may be looking at another aircraft order for the end of the 737 orders but I don't think it will be the 190 and it ain't in no rush (yet).

We don't need them. We still got 55 737s coming. We got several years before any of the 717s are due for "heavy" maintenance and they don't cost us much.
I know we may be looking at another aircraft order for the end of the 737 orders but I don't think it will be the 190 and it ain't in no rush (yet).

Read in the "A-line" a couple months back we're still 2 years away from another fleet decision....remains to be seen what that decision will be obviously....

Latest resources

Back