• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

E-190s at Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they don't bring us frontier rates I'll vote it down. Unless there is a sizeable retro check headed down to my mailbox in Newnan. I believe a lot of people feel the way I do. If a lower hourly pay rate is less than what we want the reto check is essential. Because next time our contract is due they will pull the same crap all over again.

Gotta agree with some of you... F9 and Alaska FO rates are the minimum.. $165 hr for Cpt's is about right.. As far as our union.. I don't know many of them, but I do know M.B. And he was probably the worst guy we could have at our company trying to negotiate our pilot contract.. 9-capts proposal was a huge stretch, we won't get anything close to that.. Not that we don't deserve it, but I don't want AAI to have an industry leading contract. Put me right in the middle 3/4 and I will be perfectly happy. The age 65 thing, don't get me started, EVERYONE should have been polled, and I sure the hell wasn't.. SAPII.. Don't get me started on that either.. I didn't get 1 single trade I tried for last month.. Someone else had already picked up every trade.. What a joke, SAP II sucks now. Im with FFLS.. We have to be realistic with the new contract. First year pay isn't bad, second should be around $60-65 and 3rd yr should be $72-76 with $2 hr perdiem and around 13% into the B fund.. Clean up a little bit of the grey areas and I think that would be a pretty good contract considering the times.. We may loose our reserve pay, but only if we get 75 hours guarantee.. (btw.. those rates would be starting rates only. Add a couple % every year for the life of the contract to top out around 170-175.)

Put me right in the middle 3/4

A dime ain't worth a nickel anymore...Yogi Berra

What do you think is a good rate for 2nd year?

Frontier rates is a great place to start! $65 at least. Most RJ captains make that when they start looking at places like Airtran....and pilots will want to go somewhere where they will take the least amount of time to get back to the level that they were or better.

Why go to Airtran when I can go to Continental, Frontier or Southwest and only have to suffer one year as opposed to 3 or 4?

Latest resources

Back