DW is mad at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woerthless really lives up to his name.

Adding flight time to the 16 hour duty day is a TERRIBLE idea, but 9 & 10 hours of flying really isn't so bad. 135 regs are 14 hours duty, 10 hours flight for a 2 person crew. I've done 10 hours, and it's really not that bad if I know I'm coming home. Not to mention the fact that as long as the other stuff isn't touched, i.e. 30 in 7, 100 in a month, etc. you can end up having a lot more days off if your company uses you effectively.

The thing that REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to be changed is the dam duty day. 16 hours is completely absurd.....especially when 135 is 14 hours. Make it a 12 or 13 hour duty day with 9 or 10 hours of flying allowed per day, it would FORCE management and scheduling to use their crews more effectively, and everybody gets more days off. Flying 3 legs, with a bunch of 3 and 4 hour sits (this happened to me on a regular basis at the regional) is much worse to me than flying 7 hours or so. I'd rather be flying, b/c is makes the day pass faster. So, if you work at JB, you do JFK to Seattle and back 3 days in a row....you're DONE. Your week is over. You can go play golf and have sex for 4 days. Do this 9 days in a month, that leaves you 21 or 22 days off with between 80 and 90 hours of pay.

CapnVegetto said:

Adding flight time to the 16 hour duty day is a TERRIBLE idea, but 9 & 10 hours of flying really isn't so bad. 135 regs are 14 hours duty, 10 hours flight for a 2 person crew. I've done 10 hours, and it's really not that bad if I know I'm coming home. Not to mention the fact that as long as the other stuff isn't touched, i.e. 30 in 7, 100 in a month, etc. you can end up having a lot more days off if your company uses you effectively.

The thing that REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to be changed is the dam duty day. 16 hours is completely absurd.....especially when 135 is 14 hours. Make it a 12 or 13 hour duty day with 9 or 10 hours of flying allowed per day, it would FORCE management and scheduling to use their crews more effectively, and everybody gets more days off. Flying 3 legs, with a bunch of 3 and 4 hour sits (this happened to me on a regular basis at the regional) is much worse to me than flying 7 hours or so. I'd rather be flying, b/c is makes the day pass faster. So, if you work at JB, you do JFK to Seattle and back 3 days in a row....you're DONE. Your week is over. You can go play golf and have sex for 4 days. Do this 9 days in a month, that leaves you 21 or 22 days off with between 80 and 90 hours of pay.

BINGO! More flying and shorter duty periods are the way to go. The 135 rule of 14 and 10 is much better than the 121 rule of 16 and 8. Why can't ALPA ever think outside the box?

CapnVegetto said:

it took 21 POST for someone to figure it out....other than the original poster of course!!!

take any airline....and show me one guy who wouldn't want a two leg day with 10-11 hours of block and 13 hours of duty! 2-3 days a week and off the rest....remember and repeat....no more than TWO LEGS A DAY!!!!

General Lee said:
Oh snap! Here we go AGAIN. Next thing you know, those Jetblue guys will want to change the laws so they can marry their sisters!

Bye Bye--General Lee

This statement from the Delta PROFESSIONAL who can't wait for Congress to bail out his pension plan...
After his ALPA UAL and AAA brothers have already been sacrificed...

Let's change the Law!!!

And you're glee for your much anticipated additional paycuts for your NON-UNION fellow employees...

Added on to selling off your Delta Connection brothers for lifepreserver money..

I think we all see who you're concerned about....

wndshr said:
it took 21 POST for someone to figure it out....other than the original poster of course!!!

take any airline....and show me one guy who wouldn't want a two leg day with 10-11 hours of block and 13 hours of duty! 2-3 days a week and off the rest....remember and repeat....no more than TWO LEGS A DAY!!!!

Can I get an AMEN?!?!

How about 8 hrs. flight time and a 12 hr. duty day......That sounds better..

While we're at it, how about going from 8 hours bottle to throttle to 6 hours? With these longer days, you won't have time to drink as much on overnights. Also, the blood alcohol level should be raised from .04 to .25 :)

Latest resources

Back