Dr. Strangelove

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My precious bodily fluids agree wholeheartedly LOL

One of the best films ever made, and Stanley is my hero. Well, not my hero, but a genius (Eyes Wide Shut notwithstanding).

"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola Company."

"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

skyking1976 said:
"Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."
Some trivia: that was originally written as "...a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas...," but since the President had just been murdered there, the studio thought it was too controversal, so they re-dubbed it. (Look closely at Slim's mouth when he says "Shoot," and then "Vegas." It doesn't quite match the audio.)

>>>Kubric sucks<<<

???

In addition to Dr. Strangelove, we have (and in this I am only mentioning the true classics, and only the ones I have seen):

Lolita

2001: A Space Odyssey

A Clockwork Orange

Full Metal Jacket

The Shining

And on the basis of these six films, which are the bulk of his work, you came to the conclusion that he "sucks"? I guess I should ask what you consider to be an AVERAGE filmmaker.

The only one of his films that I've seen that I didn't like was "Eyes Wide Shut".

"the pilot" made me want to fly DC-8's

"ceiling zero" fun to watch

"dr. strangelove" ... "I've been to one world's fair, a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of headphones."

Major Kong (Slim Pickins) in Dr. Strangelove

Waldo Pepper.

Decent plot, tragic yet triumphant, well acted, nice aircraft, one of the best air to air sequences ever filmed, it moved/flowed well, and it used one of my heros. Frank Price.

Proud to have known Frank,
enigma

Latest resources

Back