Dr. Strangelove

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Best Aviation Movie of All time...

So far it looks like Dr. Strangelove has it.

Not a film so to speak, but what about the PBS mini-series "Piece of Cake". Check it out from local library. Cool spitfires and me-109s. I think it was the largest ensemble of spitfires since wwII, and probably will be since many are no longer airworthy. Book is also excellent by same title.

More of Major Kong: "Now look boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches. But I got a pretty fair idea that something doggoned important's going on back there. And I got a fair idea of the kind of personal emotions that some of you fella's may be thinking. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human beings if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelings about nuclear combat. But I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a countin' on ya, and by golly we ain't about to let 'em down. Tell you somethin' else. This thing turns out to be half as important is I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for every last one of you, regardless of your race, color, or your creed. Now, let's get this thing on the hump. We got some flying to do."

Another great flick is "Catch-22".

The right stuff.

Forgot about that one, but that is one heck of a movie.

Latest resources

Back