Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DR is Back!? ASA hiring department back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously? Is this what the future holds.. Getting jm'ed before you've even made it home??

Seriously? Is this what the future holds.. Getting jm'ed before you've even made it home??

Yes... But if you are too TIRED TO FLY. Then you MUST CALL IN FATIGUED. I am still amazed at how scared line holders are to do this. All you need to do is say, "I can no longer continue with this assignment. I am fatigued." You say the same exact thing to a chief pilot, and go home. Fill out the form however you want and should also fill out an ASAP so that the feds learn we are a very fatigued airline. That is is. No nothing. Just don't fly tired.

So I heard in recurrent that 90% of fatigue calls are coming from pilots under the age of 30. I didn't realize they track these stats but, if true, what is this, a generational thing? Is the entitlement generation not getting the love they need to carry on? Here, I'll say it so that you guys feel better; We appreciate all that you do.

Yes... But if you are too TIRED TO FLY. Then you MUST CALL IN FATIGUED. I am still amazed at how scared line holders are to do this. All you need to do is say, "I can no longer continue with this assignment. I am fatigued." You say the same exact thing to a chief pilot, and go home. Fill out the form however you want and should also fill out an ASAP so that the feds learn we are a very fatigued airline. That is is. No nothing. Just don't fly tired.

And then be docked 4 hrs pay....just saying.

So I heard in recurrent that 90% of fatigue calls are coming from pilots under the age of 30. I didn't realize they track these stats but, if true, what is this, a generational thing? Is the entitlement generation not getting the love they need to carry on? Here, I'll say it so that you guys feel better; We appreciate all that you do.

That may be true, but it's also hard to draw conclusions without more info on this- I'd imagine that pilots under 30 make up a much greater percentage of reserve and junior lineholders- ie, the folks getting extended and junior manned. They would also have worse schedules to start with. 50-somethings with great seniority working 3 day trips or 9 hour naps will not, of course be affected by the same factors as the junior crowd.

I try to remember when someone throws out an off-the-cuff number like that, that there are "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

There are two different kind of fatigue calls. The "tired" kind and the "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore" kind. (think NETWORK)

I would say the most dangerous fatigue situation is the just plain tired pilot, who simply did not get enough sleep in the previous 24 hours to support the day they are asked to fly.

Also dangerous but maybe less so, is the pilot who is simply sick of the crap schedules, commuting, extensions, and contract violations. Without a good work ethic and light at the end of the tunnel, that pilot will be distracted, stressed, and chronically fatigued.

For some folks, the current staffing situation is not a problem, depending on their personal disposition and background. But if this is one's first real job out of college, I doubt the skills needed to cope in such a situation are present. Sucking-it-up, manning up, pull your weight, etc., are not part of the child rearing industry in the US.

And unfortunately, management is doing absolutely nothing to let these kids know their efforts are appreciated or a short term situation. And while I am loathe to do so, I would submit most folks are unable to realize just how much it could suck more. Call Comair.

But at the same time, we absolutely must fix this situation, while still getting the job done, before some distracted-commuting-extended-peeeessed off-pilot bends metal.

And after the metal is bent, it would be nice if there was a more noble reason for them not having their head in the game, besides poor staffing management.

Pilots should be fatigued because they were out partying or rodgering the FA all night. There is no honor in schedule related fatigue.

That's probably because the people above 30 have decent schedules and aren't on reserve, genius. Generational thing? whatever.

Gosh-

I must have misread DR's memo... I thought it was just a statement of the rather obvious fact that he is RETARDED, not RETIRING.

-We REALLY need new blood over there! That clown has hired some real goombahs!

(And for clarification, they are referring to the suckup a-hole who used to be the CP-who screwed the HELL out of everyone, not the cool guy who used to do indoc.)

He hired me. And, he probably hired you! So, are we goombahs? I will be the judge of that! He has been involved in the hiring process for most of the last 27 years. Goombahs get hired everywhere--it's called slipping through the cracks! I am just glad we are all Rocket Scientists.

aint it ironic that they can't hire enough pilots but bring back and pay this tool of a CP to hire. geez couldn't SH do it he might have to miss a few RGT classes but come on let's see some efficiency here :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back