Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DR is Back!? ASA hiring department back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirlineApps....... Ugh......

Are they still doing the 100 hrs in the last 6 mos thing? What about furloughed guys resigning their numbers?

I don't think ASA has ever required furloughed pilots to resign seniority #'s.

So I heard in recurrent that 90% of fatigue calls are coming from pilots under the age of 30. I didn't realize they track these stats but, if true, what is this, a generational thing? Is the entitlement generation not getting the love they need to carry on? Here, I'll say it so that you guys feel better; We appreciate all that you do.

A lot of the over 30 folks have had to deal with tougher things than a long work day. Many have been in the military, flown checks all night long, flown charter where if you refuse you get fired or flown corporate where you can only work 24 hours a day and can't do that more than 365 days per year. Or worked a real job where people expexted something from you.

Younger people have not yet reached the point in their lives where they've had to just suck it up and do whatever it takes to get the job done.

DO NOT break the regs or be unsafe. If you're too tired to fly call in fatigued and make sure you talk to one of the reasonable CPs we have. But if you're just pissed because you got extended, be a man and suck it up.

Our staffing is not good right now, but believe me it will get better, and then it will get worse.... It is what it is.

It used to be a badge of honor to have endured hardship, now it's an injustice.

Bigshooter107 , what is the big announcement ??

BH is burned out from having to micromanage EVERYTHING!!

I mean, if you want your paycheck to be right, you have to send a letter to the president of the company. Ridiculous!!

That's gotta be tiring!!

Heard more 700's on the way, resulting in the need for approximately 250ish pilots needed. Heard this from sources outside the company, as well as from some of the "higher ups" as well. From what I understand, none of them are Mesa airframes or from Comair. Many are from an airline out west that has recently slimmed down to stricktly turbo props, and renegotiated their business agreement with Alaska. Hmmmmmm- makes you think!

Heard more 700's on the way, resulting in the need for approximately 250ish pilots needed.

That's consistent with the rumor I heard from a training captain who had a fed on his jumpseat asking about the '30 more 700s that are coming into service soon'.

Holy monkey sh!t batman! 30 more 700's? Not sure I believe it for even a second but if so, we better get straight on hiring another 150 pilots. (Unless these just are replacing 50's of ERJ's)

Holy monkey sh!t batman! 30 more 700's? Not sure I believe it for even a second but if so, we better get straight on hiring another 150 pilots. (Unless these just are replacing 50's of ERJ's)

Could be:
a) the FAA guy screwing with an ASA crew...
b) a training captain screwing with recurrent students (doubtful, given which instructor it was)
c) true

That rumor is also consistent with the other rumors about the FAA hiring more inspectors for the ASA operation at ATL...I've heard that from a BUNCH of people who are presently working at ASA and who used to work here...getting calls from people they know at the FAA asking if they'd be interested, sounds like there's a lot of inspector positions they anticipate needing to fill.

I hate to be one of those rumor spreading pilots posting crap on the internet...but these are the things I have heard while in the GO for requal training.

Take it with a grain of salt (and a suck of lime and shot of tequila).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back