Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DR is Back!? ASA hiring department back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, they haven't started the old JM one day in advance via ACARS yet. It might be around the corner.

I think it's because they cant think one day ahead. more like 20 minutes.

Xjet has 222 on furlough and we only got basically 1 out of ever 10 to take the offer.

Completely false number.

We had ~350 total on furlough and had already brought back somewhere into the 175-200 range(after deferrals) before this ASA deal was announced. I believe we called into the very bottom of the list of furloughed guys so I think almost everybody(maybe the bottom 25 or so have not) has had a chance to come back to XJT or ASA at this point. I dont think many of the guys who have deferred or turned down ASA classes are coming back at all at this point. I have one buddy who has deferred and he was going to take the first ASA class, but he had a prior commitment and will probably go to the October class if it still has slots left.

Well, they haven't started the old JM one day in advance via ACARS yet. It might be around the corner.

I think it's because they cant think one day ahead. more like 20 minutes.

Maybe not via ACARS, but they are JMing 72 hrs out. Heard quite a few people getting that.

Big annoucement next week.

Based on the Flightinfo track record the big annoucement is probably true but as far as next week prediction, it'll probably end up being in January.:D

Oh, Its now official..

ASA IS HIRING OFF THE STREET!

(Posted from another site, haven't found the source yet)

Requisition Number 10-0302
Post Date 9/24/2010
Title First Officer
Part Time No
City Various Crew Bases
State GA
Job Description The duty of an Atlantic Southeast Airlines First Officer is to assist the Captain in the conduct of all duties to help ensure the safe, legal, and efficient operation of the aircraft and operation. A flight officer must maintain the highest level of professional standards and comply with all company policy and procedures. All First Officers are required to pursue the highest standards of airmanship, leadership and decision making skills.
Requirements
Requirements:

Commercial certificate with instrument and multi engine ratings.
(ATP or ATP Written preferred)
Be at least twenty one years of age on the date of hire.
Minimum high school graduate or GED.
(four-year college degree preferred)
Possess a valid state Driver's License.
Possess a valid Passport.
Must be eligible to work in the United States without restrictions.
Must be willing to accept/relocate to a base assignment in any current or future crew bases (currently Atlanta, GA and Washington-Dulles, VA).
Possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate.
Must be able to pass an FAA required drug screening and background check.
Be well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
Required Hours:
1500 - hours total time*
100 - hours of multi engine time
*The total time requirement may be reduced based on the type of aviation education and training, completion of an Atlantic Southeast airlines approved advanced jet training program or additional flight certificates and ratings acquired.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back