DOT authorizes Shuttle America/RP Branded Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with your RJ comment.

Your attitude is different than many who seek out the bottom feeders for the "quick upgrade". If the pilot group gets what they should for the job they do and the aircraft they fly, then I dont care how big their company gets, Mesa or RAH included.

I just hate to see regionals who have good work rules/pay shrink because of pilots who are willing to work for peanuts to jump the ladder.

Thanks. There are many more like me, who understand what's going on and are not just there for the upgrade. Believe me, we all don't wake up at the break of dawn and hit the alarm clock thinking, "who can I screw over today to get ahead?" All I ask is for other groups to have faith, that we are trying to get ahead.

Thanks. There are many more like me, who understand what's going on and are not just there for the upgrade. Believe me, we all don't wake up at the break of dawn and hit the alarm clock thinking, "who can I screw over today to get ahead?" All I ask is for other groups to have faith, that we are trying to get ahead.

By saying "I can't agree more" on your previous post that you don't want a industry leading contract you ARE screwing over every other company. Did you guys ever think of why the better contracts are losing flying and furloughing? Its because of pilots like you don't also want an industry leading contract and therefore take their flying. You are directly screwing over not only other pilots by taking their jobs because you will do it cheaper, but also are screwing over other pilots who are working to get that industry leading contract. You also are screwing over those mainline pilots, because you make it more and more attractive to farm out flying. Its kinda funny, all the republic guys are on this site blaming mainline pilots for giving up scope, while here RP guys are talking that you don't want an industry leading contract because you wouldn't get to grow and thus take more of those mainline routes in your semi mainline E175's. Do you not see the irony? I don't wish ill will on you guys, but if that is the mentality at RP, then I think a hell of a lot less of you as a group.

Last edited:
we hold DIP for Frontier, if they go under, we get assets. (planes/gates/etc)..im sure we could sell off those assets and recoup any loss. Im sure if Midwest files bk, we would probably be one of their DIP as well.

Oh yeah, just like when a lender stops paying on their mortgage the bank takes the house... we can't possibly lose!!! Toxic airline backed mortgages. Caveat emptor.

Our contract is old, and we have been in negotiations for well over a year. and last thing i want is an "industry leading" contract so we can end up like Comair-Horizon-Xjet....shrinking and unable to be competitive.

and to give you an example..our 190 pay tops out at $119/hr, USairways tops out at $95/hr JetBlue $110/hr (yes i know above 75 hrs for them is 150%)

I want an above AVG contract with above AVG work rules

Many of you RAH pilots love to tout out this pay difference between you and the majors on the E-190. What you are ignorant of or choose not to mention is that the E-190 is an entry level airframe at Jetblue and US Airways. It is the pinnacle airframe at RAH. Your few bucks more an hour means nothing after 18 years at RAH. At US Airways, after 18 years you may be a widebody F/O making a ton more money. Let's compare apples to apples.

On another note, your F/O pay and total compensation is a complete abhorration in this industry. Hopefully you guys improve on that this time around. Those guys may be sitting in the right seat a while longer than you ever had to.

With the info I have, this is part of the reason they decided to up the 175 weights. The cancellation of that, IMHO, is because DAL probably threatened to cancel all of their flying if they went a head with this.

By saying "I can't agree more" on your previous post that you don't want a industry leading contract you ARE screwing over every other company. Did you guys ever think of why the better contracts are losing flying and furloughing? Its because of pilots like you don't also want an industry leading contract and therefore take their flying. You are directly screwing over not only other pilots by taking their jobs because you will do it cheaper, but also are screwing over other pilots who are working to get that industry leading contract. You also are screwing over those mainline pilots, because you make it more and more attractive to farm out flying. Its kinda funny, all the republic guys are on this site blaming mainline pilots for giving up scope, while here RP guys are talking that you don't want an industry leading contract because you wouldn't get to grow and thus take more of those mainline routes in your semi mainline E175's. Do you not see the irony? I don't wish ill will on you guys, but if that is the mentality at RP, then I think a hell of a lot less of you as a group.

Hoffmeister, we are shrinking and furloughed as well. We still have 105 guys and girls on furlough. I think you'd better examine your argument again, it's flawed and somehow I can't help to feel like you are trying to pin the worlds woes on RAH because we sit just a little better than the next guy. Unlike other people on this site, I don't wish ill will on anyone else and I'm doing what I can to better our pilot group, airline, and relations with other groups. I'm sorry you feel you need to shake your fists at someone else for the problems that you seem to have.

With the info I have, this is part of the reason they decided to up the 175 weights. The cancellation of that, IMHO, is because DAL probably threatened to cancel all of their flying if they went a head with this.

This is nothing that can be done over night... So I don't think that is why they did it. DAL and BB are in bed some how... S5 will continue to fly for DAL as long as MEH is around.
If MEH goes under, we are now at a different playing feild.

Who knows????

Latest resources

Back