• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't bother getting a B737 type rating - B737 Captains turned away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a lot of reasons that someone with that level of experience might not be marketable, and I 'll guess that their experience isn 't what they are referring to.

From a credible source....

In order of preference, it's something like this, PIC hours, Type, Total time, type of flying (135-121-91) and lastly time in 737 type.

For what it's worth, I listened to a SWA recruiter give a similar break down.

I didn't witness this myself. I wasn't there.

So you don't know, weren't there, and are spreading rumors. Got it.

By the way the 1000+ PIC was Flamebait, lol. I don't know the B737 Captain that I heard that got turned away. I don't know his time in the left seat of the B737. I will try to find out.

Okay, okay. We get it. You made it up, don't know what you're talking about, engaging in rumor mongoring, have no clue about the circumstances, and are bascially talking out your backside.

Thanks for playing, anyway. You've been a complete waste of time.

It's very easy to have time in type but not be competitive.....how about recency of experience? That's a huge one.

Qualifications only mean so much at SWA once you meet the mins anyway. It's a complete personality interview. Or else we'd have a sim eval, written, and ask tech questions in the interview. We do none of them.

The company is worried about maintaining their culture above anything else.

jt,
I was there and that's not what they said. They did say they compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. There was a few guys there who had 737 time and seemed more pissed about the fact that they weren't rolling out the red carpet for them....that's all.

They compare regionals to regionals, corporate to corporate....etc.

Higher Power Aviation www.jetcrew.com in Dallas for your 737 Type Rating sems to be one of the keys to successfully obtaining an interview. The People Dept people from SWA stop by every Saturday for the weekly ice cream party and meet the HPA trainees.

"We're nuts too" is HPA's business motto.

Found out the Captain was current in B737 and had almost 1000 PIC in B737. SWA said he wasn't competitive enough. Not that they wouldn't interview him. Only thing I can think of is he didn't have 1200 hours PIC, but I think they would have told him to come back in a couple of months when he got it.

I am getting really tired of this bull********************.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back