• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DOJ stipulates Love Field gates auctioned only to LCC's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you really care, most recently GK was asked about exactly this. He said that his focus now is on "organic growth." He talked about being excited to grow, especially internationally, in all of North America. Industry analysts believe that, and are bullish on Southwest growth.

Show us a single industry analyst that is bullish on southwest growth? Hint? You won't find one, budda.

Show us a single industry analyst that is bullish on southwest growth? Hint? You won't find one, budda.

The largest investors that hold hundreds of thousands of SW shares must be bullish on something Juan, or they wouldn't be holding anything but their Johnson.

How about Forbes!

International Flying & Recent Slot Wins Will Drive Southwest's Growth In 2014

Thus, as Southwest's lower fares, zero baggage and ticket change fee enabled it to expand in the domestic US market, we figure these factors will enable it to expand in these near international air travel markets as well. Looking ahead, not just in 2014 but over the coming years, we figure international expansion will play a key role in Southwest's growth.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...ot-wins-will-drive-southwests-growth-in-2014/

3. Southwest Airlines (LUV) is one of the companies pushing the Transportation industry higher today. As of noon trading, Southwest Airlines is up $0.36 (1.6%) to $22.52 on average volume. Thus far, 3.9 million shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $22.15-$22.55 after having opened the day at $22.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.16.

Southwest Airlines Co. operates passenger airlines that provide scheduled air transportation services in the United States. As of December 31, 2012, the company operated 694 aircraft, including 606 Boeing 737 aircraft and 88 Boeing 717 aircraft. Southwest Airlines has a market cap of $15.3 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 17.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts who rate Southwest Airlines a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.

TheStreet Ratings rates Southwest Airlines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report now.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/luv/analyst-research

A vast majority of analysts consider luv a strong buy

Now revenue growth is what they care about-
We care about physical growth-
Time will tell, but it certainly looks like we're poised to expand internationally and really grow..
Where so bearish? Because of an sli?

2-3 years a go, I said you'll one day regret he bitching and moaning. I believe that day is getting closer and closer-
Won't happen for many 5-10 years bc there is so much to heal up- but I believe you'll look back and believe that swa purchasing air tran was good for you and your career, and still would have with a worse SLI.
You'll have to try really hard not to enjoy this career.

Jmo and YMMCWV

Hey Flop, you take notice of Delta's move today? Just like Southwest....moving to a points system instead of a mileage system.

You wanna talk about conrholed....it's just a matter of time before Smisek figures out the same deal, then you can come back on here and tell us about how good you crap program is...

Of course Smisek isn't the smartest guy so it could take him awhile. He sure knows how to paint planes though. The rest? No so much.

Red how many of these programs have you actually been in? Decades ago I jumped in on Rapid Rewards because it moved quicker. Friends told me it was a big mistake, and it was, even back then. But now, your program is like throwing money away. More hard to use and you still don't really go anywhere. Your customers are missing out on club use and upgrades and hundreds of destinations. As long as something sh!tty doesn't happen abroad, customers are going to want to start going farther with their money than you guys fly.

I have NO idea what United is going to do. Continental had a great program and that is what I measure this stuff by. I did not see Deltas but I guess I might take a look.

The dick measuring extended to rewards programs now?
Good lord

Latest resources

Back