• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you mean to tell me....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like listening to the old PA and WA conversations (now including RC)?

That's like saying pilots don't whine!!!

No, they're almost all gone. You've got years of whining ahead with the Easties. What a nightmare.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It still amazes me as to how fast we forget...., this is nothing but an upswing in a notoriously cyclical industry, retirements are nothing new (spare me the "unprecedented numbers" blah...., blah! I heard that on the "welcome to your last job in aviation" speech over 25 years ago) just apply to all jobs available, take all the interviews offered and if (a big "if") you get an offer, take it and hope that luck is on your side..! All the talk about the better choice, it's all speculative nonsense! You DON'T know how this industry will look a year from now, little alone a decade.

This guy gets it!! Thanks for being a realist about this industry.

UAL reserve guarantee is 73-76 vice 72 for Delta. Line holder is 70 at UAL vice 65, and UAL trip rig is 3.5:1, meaning way more time home.

That's almost true.

Reserve at DAL fluctuates within a range relative to the average line value actually - between 72 and 80 hours. Shakes out to an average of 76-76 across the year.

But as you say, splitting hairs.

It still amazes me as to how fast we forget...., this is nothing but an upswing in a notoriously cyclical industry, retirements are nothing new (spare me the "unprecedented numbers" blah...., blah! I heard that on the "welcome to your last job in aviation" speech over 25 years ago) just apply to all jobs available, take all the interviews offered and if (a big "if") you get an offer, take it and hope that luck is on your side..! All the talk about the better choice, it's all speculative nonsense! You DON'T know how this industry will look a year from now, little alone a decade.

Nailed it. In GL's world, the history book is only two years old.

Nailed it. In GL's world, the history book is only two years old.

He nailed it, but things have changed so radically in the last few years that it will be tough, not impossible though, to change it's course. If Mars attacks, then all bets are off.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

He nailed it, but things have changed so radically in the last few years that it will be tough, not impossible though, to change it's course. If Mars attacks, then all bets are off.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

"This time is different."

Because those words have NEVER been uttered by anyone in this industry.

"This time is different."

Because those words have NEVER been uttered by anyone in this industry.

No, fundamental things have changed in the industry. That doesn't mean something couldn't happen, though. Wow you are dramatic!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hotel is provided for the first two weeks of training, Indoc. Only after Indoc are you on your own as far as housing is concerned. It's a fairly quick training footprint and you are only looking at about 3 weeks. You can splurge and get your own hotel room near the training center for around $1000 total or you can get a training crashpad for a few hundred. Either way, much much cheaper than paying for your own 737 type rating.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back