• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you mean to tell me....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all aspiring to move on to one of the big 3 look down the road 10,20,30 years. You will be better off if you go to AA. Look at the big picture. Research the retirements. Look at the future debt obligations. Research the bases you may hold after your first year. AA bases are far superior to Delta's bases. Do you really want to raise a family in Atlanta? Sorry to offend my mates, to each their own of course. Earning maddog FO pay for a decade on 4-day trips over the weekend vs. 3-day trips on an airbus to great destinations. Delta trips to Montgomery, AL!?! F-NO! AA trips to all the Caribbean islands such as Montego Bay, Jamaica...uh YES! Upgrade on an Airbus in 6 years vs. upgrade on a Maddog in 12+ years? Is that really a choice my young lads? That alone could cost you hundreds of thousands of $. Choose wisely. Please look at the BIG picture and not a current snapshot of the present airline contracts.

Wait, are you really insinuating that you know what AA will look like in 30 years? That's funny. How long have you been doing this? If any clown thinks they can predict what a US major will look like in even a decade, they're full of SHT. Maybe just sit back for a while, merging ain't easy and AA just got started. There's a lot of work to do before anyone can predict a future one way or another.

To all aspiring to move on to one of the big 3 look down the road 10,20,30 years. You will be better off if you go to AA. Look at the big picture. Research the retirements. Look at the future debt obligations. Research the bases you may hold after your first year. AA bases are far superior to Delta's bases. Do you really want to raise a family in Atlanta? Sorry to offend my mates, to each their own of course. Earning maddog FO pay for a decade on 4-day trips over the weekend vs. 3-day trips on an airbus to great destinations. Delta trips to Montgomery, AL!?! F-NO! AA trips to all the Caribbean islands such as Montego Bay, Jamaica...uh YES! Upgrade on an Airbus in 6 years vs. upgrade on a Maddog in 12+ years? Is that really a choice my young lads? That alone could cost you hundreds of thousands of $. Choose wisely. Please look at the BIG picture and not a current snapshot of the present airline contracts.

Wow, everything you stated was a lie. Delta mainline doesn't fly to Montgomery for one thing. Next, the upgrade times are only coming down, and your upgrade time on your AA side is unbelievably high, zero in PHX, and lower on your US side, where there is a World War going on that will end poorly. The West pilots have been left out of East upgrades because of the lack of integrity of their so called "union."

New hires on the AA side have been going to the MD80 (not newer MD88/90) in DFW, or the domestic 757 category in MIA, which mainly does allnighters back to MIA from the West Coast (hence the juniority). The US side has newhires going to PHX and staying there, or the East side and getting an "earful" on how they got screwed with the NIC Award, even though they would have liquidated had AWA not saved them. What a nightmare, for decades.

So, yes, look at long term. DL has better management, higher pay, 5000+ retirements, and none of the bull krap that goes along with the US debacle.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It still amazes me as to how fast we forget...., this is nothing but an upswing in a notoriously cyclical industry, retirements are nothing new (spare me the "unprecedented numbers" blah...., blah! I heard that on the "welcome to your last job in aviation" speech over 25 years ago) just apply to all jobs available, take all the interviews offered and if (a big "if") you get an offer, take it and hope that luck is on your side..! All the talk about the better choice, it's all speculative nonsense! You DON'T know how this industry will look a year from now, little alone a decade.

It still amazes me as to how fast we forget...., this is nothing but an upswing in a notoriously cyclical industry, retirements are nothing new (spare me the "unprecedented numbers" blah...., blah! I heard that on the "welcome to your last job in aviation" speech over 25 years ago) just apply to all jobs available, take all the interviews offered and if (a big "if") you get an offer, take it and hope that luck is on your side..! All the talk about the better choice, it's all speculative nonsense! You DON'T know how this industry will look a year from now, little alone a decade.

This guy gets it. GL...not so much.

Wow, everything you stated was a lie. Delta mainline doesn't fly to Montgomery for one thing. Next, the upgrade times are only coming down, and your upgrade time on your AA side is unbelievably high, zero in PHX, and lower on your US side, where there is a World War going on that will end poorly. The West pilots have been left out of East upgrades because of the lack of integrity of their so called "union."

New hires on the AA side have been going to the MD80 (not newer MD88/90) in DFW, or the domestic 757 category in MIA, which mainly does allnighters back to MIA from the West Coast (hence the juniority). The US side has newhires going to PHX and staying there, or the East side and getting an "earful" on how they got screwed with the NIC Award, even though they would have liquidated had AWA not saved them. What a nightmare, for decades.

So, yes, look at long term. DL has better management, higher pay, 5000+ retirements, and none of the bull krap that goes along with the US debacle.

Bye Bye---General Lee

For those looking to choose a final destination, please ignore the quoted above as we are all dumber for having read this diatribe.

Friends don't let friends work for delta without applying to American!

Oh, BTW, delta leadership is FAR inferior to AA leadership!

Last edited:
East side and getting an "earful" on how they got screwed with the NIC Award, even though they would have liquidated had AWA not saved them. What a nightmare, for decades.

Been there for 3+ years. Never heard anything. This board or GL who tries to stir the pot, that's a different story!

Uhhhhhh, a couple things have changed compared to the past. It's called Consolidation and fees (bag and ticket change). Those totally changed this industry. The big 6 turned into the big 3. SWA merged with AT. That means fewer choices, and larger profits. So, it will probably look close to the same. There may be good times and bad times, but the bigger airlines will probably survive.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Been there for 3+ years. Never heard anything. This board or GL who tries to stir the pot, that's a different story!

Hmmm, my friends that do jump on your flights beg to differ. They said most of the conversation (from the East and West) deals with how both sides got screwed. Lots of eye rolling going on (from the jumpseaters) in the East cockpits.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hmmm, my friends that do jump on your flights beg to differ. They said most of the conversation (from the East and West) deals with how both sides got screwed. Lots of eye rolling going on (from the jumpseaters) in the East cockpits.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Like listening to the old PA and WA conversations (now including RC)?

That's like saying pilots don't whine!!!

^^^^^ This

Alot of people in this country are utterly incapable of learning from history.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back