• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you mean to tell me....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hotel is provided for the first two weeks of training, Indoc. Only after Indoc are you on your own as far as housing is concerned. It's a fairly quick training footprint and you are only looking at about 3 weeks. You can splurge and get your own hotel room near the training center for around $1000 total or you can get a training crashpad for a few hundred. Either way, much much cheaper than paying for your own 737 type rating.

I was out of pocket on my type rating for about $1600. So not really. I'd like to see both polices changed, but that could take awhile.

I was out of pocket on my type rating for about $1600. So not really. I'd like to see both polices changed, but that could take awhile.

Well that certainly isn't the norm Red. I know a lot of people who went down to Higher Power and shelled out closer to $10,000 because not only did they have to shell out for the type but they had to pay for their own accomodiations while they were getting the type. How did you manage to do it so cheap?

Well that certainly isn't the norm Red. I know a lot of people who went down to Higher Power and shelled out closer to $10,000 because not only did they have to shell out for the type but they had to pay for their own accomodiations while they were getting the type. How did you manage to do it so cheap?

Got the thumbs up first, then got it for 5k. After taxes...$1600. Again, both type and hotel cost at DL should go away.

If hired at Delta, I wouldn't have sweated that either. Just get it over with and get on with a great career. Both are real head scratcher though.

geez even Regionals pay for hotels during new hire training, at least LASA does

just saying :)

Wow, everything you stated was a lie. Delta mainline doesn't fly to Montgomery for one thing.
Bye Bye---General Lee

Well well genius Jenny, Delta used to fly 6-8 mainline flights in the 90s to Montgomery but then outsourced it to regionals. DCI still flying there, on behalf of Delta, Jenni. Who knows maybe your precious 717s you're always crowing about will "take back those flight" eh? :rolleyes:

Well well genius Jenny, Delta used to fly 6-8 mainline flights in the 90s to Montgomery but then outsourced it to regionals. DCI still flying there, on behalf of Delta, Jenni. Who knows maybe your precious 717s you're always crowing about will "take back those flight" eh? :rolleyes:

You are correct, but right now mainline does not. Gotta give the truth. Notice 717s go to ECP, VPS, BHM, CHA, AVL, MYR, XNA, GSP, CAE, GNV, AGS, GPT, MOB, and TLH---- all current or previous LASA routes, and many that were former mainline routes. It's a good trend that will continue, and only 44 or half of the 717s have arrived.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Everyone is bitching about new hire pay & hotels. But where is that money going to come from?

Management is more than willing to pay new hires more and reimburse hotels in the next contract. They will just take it out of other compensation increases going to the pilot group. What pilot group is going to accept less for guys not even hired yet?

Some say that management should pay new hires better without taking from the pilot group's compensation as they want to attract the best candidates. But with the large number of applicants for each pilot slot, management doesn't see this as a problem. So once again it comes to the fact management will want to offset increases from other areas of the pilot contract and you won't get existing pilots willing to take the hit. Or the existing pilots will say if there is extra money available it should go to them, not guys who have not been hired yet.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, I'm just playing devil's advocate and giving food for thought.

BTW, Hawaiian does not pay for hotels during any training conducted in HNL for new hires or existing pilots. That is because HNL is everyone's domicile and you are expected to provide your own housing in domicile.

Ghetto, a terrible attitude toward your junior, and very shortsighted about the effects first year compensation has upon EVERYONE's negotiating abilities. This is not a zero sum game. We need first year compensations to be professional wages, so that pilots will have the confidence to take the stands they need to take. That if the ship does actually go down, the next job will be livable. It'll suck to lose seniority and longevity pay, but, you'll survive and be paid well even if not what you had been making.

We saw that after 9/11- mgmt cooks the books and KNOWS pilots will NOT take a stand because starting over is not just tough, it is f-ing poverty and impossible.

Hawaiian really has some piece of work senior over there based on who posts here. All for the senior over there, even though it nets your senior less.
Your mgmt has you believing that divide and conquer sh/t Jim.

Honolulu is MUCH TOO EXPENSIVE to not pay for a hotel during training so pilots can get their feet under them after a big life change.

Ghetto ghetto

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back